Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oklahoma State @ WSU (March 26 - 6:00 pm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drat.​​

Comment

Seriously though. Swing the effing bat.

Comment

Our midweek offense offends Virginia’s basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          Drat.​​
          Double drat.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Bases loaded with 1 out and we get owned by a former pitcher. Awesome.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Favors. I would not have guessed he would be in relief tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Favors. I would not have guessed he would be in relief tonight.
                And he did no favors.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

And he did no favors.
                  Now Cranz again. Grrr.

Comment

What kind of speed is Cranz throwing tonight?

Comment

Damn.

Comment

Some good pitching by both teams tonight. Insanely good pitching for a midweek game.

Shox have a couple of black holes at the bottom of the lineup though. Makes it hard to continually get good scoring opportunities.

Comment

Both starting pitchers were sensational. OSU guy could throw his fastball 91-97 with an 81 change and a deuce for a 1st pitch strike. That's solid. Tyler was nails until the leadoff walk started the problem in the 7th (and remember, he had a no hitter going through 6). Josh had a good pitcher's zone but still. That was high quality stuff from both guys.

I didn't realize Nolan Schubart missed the first part of the OSU season. That explains a lot of their struggles scoring runs early. We don't have a Nolan Schubart. Not many teams do. He hit 2 balls that leave the yard every night but last night and a single that kind of decided the game. He had half their hits.

As I've said before, we can't lack execution against good teams & expect to win. And make no mistake, OSU is a really good team. If you score one or two when you should then you don't have to try score 3 all at once.

I was a little disappointed early that we didn't bunt with Mo. It was really early but on a night where runs were going to be difficult to come by, the first one was huge. There was 1 out, but I just felt like moving the runner over even with 2 outs was worth it to put the pressure on them. Double play instead.

Both teams were tough. If you were there, the dugout battle late was impressive. It was LOUD.

I also don't know what we were doing with Favors in the 9th. I heard HCBG allude to something like that on the coach's show, but I don't know. I guess we'll throw Zang or Mount on Thursday now. Favors Friday, Hamilton Saturday? Give Tommy the week off? Seems, IDK, like we're thinking a little too hard I guess.

All night under the comforter and I'm still cold.

Getting a little tired of guys that left beating us. Up next, Kyte McDonald.

I do like and appreciate the progress this team (and program) have made in a such a short time. Rome wasn't built in a day. I think I suggested we'd win 15 games all season and clearly I'm dumber than a box of rocks. These guys are good. Now it's tough to be good but just not quite good enough, you know?

Admittedly, I will gladly suffer through if it means we get 5 wins in Clearwater.

Comment

3 runs should be enough to win you a midweek baseball game. Pitching (particularly Dobbs) was on it. Very impressive.

But damn, I know it was cold. I know their pitching staff is one of the best in the nation. Just sucks to see the pitching come around and see an effort like that wasted.

We gotta start wining some midweek games.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The reduction in the number of minor league teams and the number of rounds in the MLB draft have certainly had an impact on College baseball increasing the talent pool and perhaps causing some of that talent to stick around a year longer although perhaps not with the same team. But again the advantage probably shifts to the big money schools.

Comment

I know I should be enjoying some of this more than I am but I can't help but wondering how many of these good freshman we're going to be able to keep?

I hope they are good with BG AC and the program. I worry about another exodus of guys because of how well the freshman who signed with different coaches are performing. Certainly there will always be some leavers, but you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X