WSU vs Gonzaga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonzaga Game 3 Highlights

In the Live Stats this was described as follows: Hamburg, J. lined out to 2b (0-2 KSF)
    Well not exactly but still a nice play by Jordan where his outfield skills may have helped him out.

And the game winner:

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      I don't know why Gonzaga is always able to make a game of it in their third game. They have generally been winning the third game. Are they lulling their opponents to sleep in the first two? Or saving best for last?
      Their Sunday starter has a sub-2.0 ERA. Makes me think they are saving their best arm for Sunday to try and guarantee at least one win every weekend.

Comment

I think it's more that they have been throwing crap at the wall trying to find a weekend rotation.

Comment

The Pen has been competing well.

Comment

"I'm not going to do this all year or beat a dead horse....I just wanted to quickly look at a snapshot of the season with 2 weekends done and at least a little feel on where we are and what our competition is like.

I'm dividing the season into 3 parts (going forward). The rest of the non-con prior to AAC competition. Conference play and then midweek games once conference play starts.

That's 14 games, 27 games & 9 games. We're 3 and 3. Pure speculation, but for me, 35 wins is probably the low water mark for an at large and each win to 41 ups that % to (about) 100%.

So how do you get to 35? 32 more wins. 6 of 7 vs ORU, Utah Tech and Gonzaga (the Zags are not bad regardless of their record). How many of the other 7, none of which are gimmies? NU X2, LBSU X3, @OU & KState. Probably need at least 4 to be considered seriously. That would put us 13-7.

Without going series by series, you have to finish 2 or 3 (behind ECU) to be considered. That means 2 of 3 all season. 19-8. 32-15.

Then what can we do with the other midweek games? H&H with OU and KU, @Kstate ORU and H&H with OSU plus 1 downtown. 4 wins minimum, again to be considered serious. That would get us to 36-20. Almost certainly outside looking in. Even say, 3-1 in Clearwater, losing to ECU is 39-21. That's a great season but not an at large, at least not without a lot of help somewhere.

And don't misunderstand me, while I am very pleased with what this team has done so far and I agree with ShockerFever that this team is different, I don't think we are a tournament type team. But what I think doesn't mean crap, and these guys obviously are believing in each other right now. Let's see how the next couple of weeks go and if we can continue to build some momentum and confidence, as well as wins."

I guess I'll beat this horse until it doesn't matter.

So far, again, so good.

I said 6 of 7 vs ORU, Utah Tech and Gonzaga and they went 7 of 7. +1

Need to go 4-3 vs Nebraska, LBSU, @OU and KSU. 3-3 with KSU looming on Tuesday. Get that game and at least we're still on schedule if not a shade ahead of it.

Comment

Comment

Coach Green’s coaches show on now…

1240 KNSS

All news, and all that matters to you in the Wichita region, plus 24-hour traffic updates, weather & more. Stream, read and download KNSS-AM from any device on Audacy.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

1240 KNSS

https://www.audacy.com/knss
                  That is getting to be must listen radio for me I really enjoy Coach Green. Informative and entertaining and I enjoy his subtle humor. Just comes across as a guy you would like to sit down and have a beer with.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

1240 KNSS

Missed it. Any way to hear a replay?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

If you have Audacy app you can just rewind to the 6:00 hour if you listen tonight.

I usually start a bit late and skip through the ads that way.

I believe they podcast them sometime tomorrow as well.

Comment

Sorry, I’m not very techie, so not sure about replays. I agree with ‘72, I thoroughly enjoy listening to coach Green. I remember listening to the opening press conference after he was hired and being impressed. Definitely mark Monday evenings on your calendar. Kristi Bredbenner Is equally impressive.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Depending on whether you are using the APP or a browser, sometimes the "schedule" can be a little hard to find.

Also, it won't say Brian Green Show.....just look for the time and toggle through it until you find it.

Comment

Go To: https://goshockers.com/sports/2015/6...dio_Shows.aspx

Click on Archived Coaches Shows

Coach Green's show from tonight is up. Coach Bredbenner's show from tonight has not been added yet.

Comment

• 20th in the country in ERA.

I actually think Skip quoted me here.....

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

1240 KNSS

Certainly one should listen if you're interested at all in WSU Baseball. Outstanding stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X