WSU vs Gonzaga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah its not Hunter's night.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Spoke too soon.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

You've come so far.
        Also started learning Spanish by watching Univision. But its not going as well ameego.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Also started learning Spanish by watching Univision. But its not going as well ameego.
          I didn't say you were doing well. Just that you've come so far. Important distinction.

Comment

Sweeeet victory!!

Comment

See y'all manyana!

Comment

Caden not at his best but still ended up with up with another quality start. Caleb and Hunter weren't very good out of the pen. Hated that we had to use Nate in this one. He wasn't as sharp as I have seen him but he was plenty good enough to get the job done.

Cam Ya Doesn't Havta to Call Me Johnson, Mo, J-Gus and J-Rog combining for 13 of the Shockers 15 hits, 7 of the Shockers 10 runs and 8 of the RBI's.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 15, 2024, 09:33 PM.

Comment

I don't love that we got hit around on a Friday by a team hitting .230.

I do like that we still managed to find a way to win somewhat comfortably.

Not a great start by Favors but he did compete well enough and long enough for his guys to get him a lead and the win.

Jordan Rogers is starting to look like the Jordan Rogers that played the last 35 games of 2022. That guy was a nice piece to have. Hope he sticks around. Even better if he's added a little pop.

I was beginning to wonder about Millan in the 2-hole. He'd been hovering around .290 but wasn't getting many RBIs despite a guy hitting .420 in front of him, and he was hitting into a lot of GIDP. He had a couple of huge RBI singles tonight.

Cam Johnson remains insanely fun to watch. As a true freshman, on a sample size that begins to not be tiny.

Was glad to see Gustafson out there tonight and looking healthy. I couldn't tell what happened to him at the wall on Wednesday. Was afraid when it happened that he had torn up his shoulder.

The offense has been up and down, but thru 17 games they haven't been held to less than 3 runs. That's not that bad against what is at least a decent schedule. After a hot start, they averaged just 4.4 runs over the first 7 games since returning from Florida (importantly they went 5-2 over those 7). Over the last 4 games they have averaged 8.25.

We need a SS. In college baseball you can afford a .200 hitting SS if he's a premier defender. And you can get away with a poor defensive SS if he's hitting .390. We have guys hitting .190 and also not fielding. Absolutely have to figure something out there. I'm gonna diamond-hands these DPJ shares I'm holding, but it has not been a good quarter.

11-6 is not lighting the world on fire, and there are still an awful lot of frustrating moments and games. But I think tonight and the ORU game are good examples of how things maybe look a little different. How the heck do you only score 3 runs against ORU's Johnny Wholestaff midweek? And how the heck do you get smacked around the yard for 12 hits and 6 runs by a team hitting .230, on Friday night? The Shox won those games 3-1 and 10-6 with the pitching and hitting picking each other up, respectively. That just 'feels' a little different. 13-6 would feel like a strong start. 14-6 would feel good for a whole lot of reasons and start to make you wonder about the possibilities, even if still faint.

Comment

Oof this inning could hurt.

0-1 Zags
                    Zags at bat with 1 out and bases loaded

Comment

How does a guy hit so many ground ball singles. Man, C Johnson is fun to watch.

Comment

2-1 Shox!

Nice response!

Comment

Why have review if you aren't going to overturn that call? They had a frame that clearly had the ball in the glove and the foot above and not touching the bag. Turrible.

Comment

Good thing I didn't make another post like I was going to about what a waste of time it is for Stroh to hit against lefties. Face. That ball is why you don't park your RV out there.

Also, eat it, umps.

Comment

11 free passes in 5 innings is not the way.

Comment

A butt whoopin. Tomorrow will be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X