Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Facts.

Winning cures lots. And money. Mostly money now.
    Also true!

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• This is glorious, even if fleeting ...

East Carolina 17-8 .680 38-13 .745 24-4 14-9 0-0 W1
      UTSA 16-9 .640 31-21 .596 19-11 12-10 0-0 W3
      Wichita State 14-11 .560 28-26 .519 19-10 9-16 0-0 W6
      Tulane 14-12 .538 30-24 .556 19-13 11-11 0-0 W1
      UAB 12-13 .480 25-26 .490 16-12 9-14 0-0 W1
      Charlotte 12-14 .462 23-31 .426 18-13 5-17 0-1 L1
      Florida Atlantic 11-14 .440 25-26 .490 18-11 7-15 0-0 L3
      Rice 11-14 .440 22-32 .407 13-18 9-14 0-0 L1
      South Florida 10-15 .400 25-28 .472 17-14 8-14 0-0 L1
      Memphis 9-16 .360 22-31 .415 12-16 10-15 0-0 L1

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Odds that an uncertain coaching situation means a disaster in roster continuity: 100%.
        True. The next 2 weeks are big for this program. We've under-achieved for basically 15 years. Most of our cache' is gone. We NEED to over-achieve and there's no time like the present. The program has been gutted over the last few seasons. The young men that stayed have been brilliant. They deserve a payoff for their hard work and loyalty.

Even more, we need an example of what this program can be, should be. Not just in general, but specifically for the kids that can return, especially the freshmen. Siri and Pelf set us up with a talented group. There are at least 3 every day solid contributors already and 2 pitchers that are key in our success. Every chance that one more everyday player and up to 4 more pitchers could develop. Can we keep these guys (and I'm just referring to the kids that aren't HCBG "guys". Are they happy, is this the coach they signed up for? I don't know. I hope so! The results are better than expected and there's a ton of upside. A little success just might be enough to keep this group together.

Hoping for the best because I like the current direction.

Comment

• While enjoying the current 6-gamer and general enthusiasm all around with it.....reality check that April wasn't that long ago and next week sets up a lot more like April than like May. But if you're still around at this point you're a helpless fan for whom hope springs eternal, so maybe something different will happen this time! It's been so long since we didn't just lay the absolute stinkiest turd in the conference tourney.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            The young men that stayed have been brilliant. They deserve a payoff for their hard work and loyalty.

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Siri and Pelf set us up with a talented group.

It's hard to believe some of these guys are freshmen ...

Tommy LaPour. Geddaoudahere.

C Johnson. Yup!

Dobbs. Heck yeah!

Haworth. Yessir!

Hamilton. You know it!

Durnin. 110%!

And there are probably some other solid freshmen that didn't get much p.t. this year just because of upperclassmen at their position.

The future looks bright indeed.

Comment

While enjoying the current 6-gamer and general enthusiasm all around with it.....reality check that April wasn't that long ago and next week sets up a lot more like April than like May. But if you're still around at this point you're a helpless fan for whom hope springs eternal, so maybe something different will happen this time! It's been so long since we didn't just lay the absolute stinkiest turd in the conference tourney.
              Well, we aren't playing seven games against top-20 competition right before the series that matter, so that's a little better. But I think your point is it's a compressed schedule similar to April and point is taken. But ... please oh please oh please make it to the final game so I can attend in person. And then win it all for little ol' Kung Wu purdy please!!! I need to check one off the bucket list!

Comment

It's hard to believe some of these guys are freshmen ...

Tommy LaPour. Geddaoudahere.

C Johnson. Yup!

Dobbs. Heck yeah!

Haworth. Yessir!

Hamilton. You know it!

Durnin. 110%!

And there are probably some other solid freshmen that didn't get much p.t. this year just because of upperclassmen at their position.

The future looks bright indeed.
                One of my least favorite things about college sports at the moment is that I just can't get excited about this at all. I can't think about filling in missing pieces. I just have to wait til opening day to see who is actually on the roster.

Comment

One of my least favorite things about college sports at the moment is that I just can't get excited about this at all. I can't think about filling in missing pieces. I just have to wait til opening day to see who is actually on the roster.
                  I think this is less likely to be a problem in college baseball than in basketball. And I think we got the right guys at the helm to minimize this issue at your favorite schooliversity.

Comment

Couldn't agree more.

We will almost certainly lose several of them.

Now, what percentage of them, and which ones leave, will be telling. From both how BG is at retaining dudes and how our NIL is doing.

It is always hard to hold a new coach accountable to keeping guys he did not sign. I felt the same way about Mills. I hope he keeps all of them, but not one of them signed up to play under Brian Green initially. It’s tough.

Comment

I think this is less likely to be a problem in college baseball than in basketball. And I think we got the right guys at the helm to minimize this issue at your favorite schooliversity.
                      I hope your right. We will find out soon enough. The transfer portal for window baseball starts June 3rd and runs through July 2nd with an additional window after fall ball. This past December that ran for the first 15 days of December.

Comment

• Best vibe I get about the program is that it is May 17 and most of us are still paying attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I hope your right. We will find out soon enough. The transfer portal for window baseball starts June 3rd and runs through July 2nd with an additional window after fall ball. This past December that ran for the first 15 days of December.
                          Yeah, please, please, please let us retain the core guys!

Comment

Yeah, please, please, please let us retain the core guys!
                            The NCAA has a Transfer Portal Dashboard that provides various data about the transfer portal overall and for specific sports.

In 2023 for baseball 2,715 players entered the transfer portal. This includes all 3 NCAA Divisions.

49% (1,328) reported as transferring to a new NCAA member school. 959 undergrads and 369 grads.

7% (194) withdrew from the portal and are presumed to have stayed with their original school.

44% (1,193) may still be exploring their transfer options, transferred to a non-NCAA school (NAIA or NJCAA) or have left their sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

The NCAA has a Transfer Portal Dashboard that provides various data about the transfer portal overall and for specific sports.

In 2023 for baseball 2,715 players entered the transfer portal. This includes all 3 NCAA Divisions.

49% (1,328) reported as transferring to a new NCAA member school. 959 undergrads and 369 grads.

7% (194) withdrew from the portal and are presumed to have stayed with their original school.

44% (1,193) may still be exploring their transfer options, transferred to a non-NCAA school (NAIA or NJCAA) or have left their sport.

Whoa, so in baseball there's a 55/45 chance if you go into the portal that you won't be playing D1 the next year. Ouch.

Moral of the story: STAY PUT FRESHMEN!!!!

Comment

Whoa, so in baseball there's a 55/45 chance if you go into the portal that you won't be playing D1 the next year. Ouch.

Moral of the story: STAY PUT FRESHMEN!!!!
                                Depends on the player. A Payton Tolle has a 100% chance of playing pretty much wherever he wants the next year. A roster playing not making the traveling squad (many of of whom are walk-ons) not so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X