2023 Off-season and Portal Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
    Loading up on bats and needing arms is on-brand for Green led teams. Taking the over a lot next spring.
    There are 14 pitchers, and 18 position players on the roster for next year. So it not like they are not bringing in any pitching.

Comment

• “Boom Goes the Dynamite”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

There are 14 pitchers, and 18 position players on the roster for next year. So it not like they are not bringing in any pitching.
        True. 8 of those 14 pitchers are freshman. Only 3 upperclassmen pitchers at this point. I hope they can go find some JuCo arms with collegiate experience, similar to some of these recent JuCo bats they’ve been able to get commitments from.

Comment

Loading up on bats and needing arms is on-brand for Green led teams.
          As someone who doesn’t really like the hire at all, I have been pretty damn impressed with a lot Green has done since he’s been here.

But this seems very true.

Comment

• Couple of outstanding pickups and some great momentum going, imo. Sort of a different level of player being targeted.

Comment

• Gotta love his enthusiasm…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Right now we have three projected Freshman starting pitchers as I look who is coming back. We need at least three portal pitchers who have won a D-1 game or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  Right now we have three projected Freshman starting pitchers as I look who is coming back. We need at least three portal pitchers who have won a D-1 game or two.
                  There’s no doubt, as it stands today our weekend rotation is Freshman, Freshman, Freshman.

Comment

• One thing that is nice with Baseball is the availability of Juco still. With Basketball and football the portal is so crazy that no one mines Jucos like they used to, they'd rather take a former 4 star. With baseball they'd rather take a guy with statistics than a bench warmer even if they are from LSU or something impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

There’s no doubt, as it stands today our weekend rotation is Freshman, Freshman, Freshman.
                      Chase Burns is out there maybe they grab him

Comment

• I’ve seen that Dayvin Johnson is tagging and commenting to a couple of Crowder pitchers on Livingstons IG post. My guess is some Juco pitching is coming. One kid spent his freshman year at Arkansas before transferring to Crowder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockersdad View Post

Chase Burns is out there maybe they grab him
                          Yeah, he's shopping his value and will likely stay in Knoxville.

And if we're going to spend those kind of dollars, we better damned well start with Tolle before ANYONE else.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Yeah, he's shopping his value and will likely stay in Knoxville.

And if we're going to spend those kind of dollars, we better damned well start with Tolle before ANYONE else.
                            Yeah that was sort of a joke, he's not leaving the SEC. I hope Tolle and maybe even Snead will come back

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockersdad View Post

Yeah that was sort of a joke, he's not leaving the SEC. I hope Tolle and maybe even Snead will come back
                              Snead is going to SEC.

Comment

True. 8 of those 14 pitchers are freshman. Only 3 upperclassmen pitchers at this point. I hope they can go find some JuCo arms with collegiate experience, similar to some of these recent JuCo bats they’ve been able to get commitments from.
                                Hopefully that will be the case. But this must have been the plan all along with Hibbs. I think all 8 freshman pitchers were Wedge/Hibbs recruits right?

In this day and age, if the program is going to recruit freshman then they are going to have to contribute from day one.

Last year team carried 18 pitchers (I think) and only about 6 actually contributed. You have to do better than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X