No announcement yet.

2023 Off-season and Portal Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like OSU NIL you can go online and give to specific individuals. Is that possible thru armchair?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post
      Looks like OSU NIL you can go online and give to specific individuals. Is that possible thru armchair?

https://opendorse.com/oklahomastate-cowboys-cowgirls

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Here would be my “hack” into the NIL mess:

1. Recruit local players both from the portal, HS and Juco. Jack Wagner from Tarleton State would be a perfect example as he is from Wichita. Living at home with in state tuition gives us about a $30k head start over other schools. GAdler must have a helluva deal.

2. Recruit Latin American Players. Way more control over NIL and portal than US recruits. Can pay tuition, room and board with collectives and some spending money and the players would be ecstatic because they get a chance to show off in front of more pro scouts. Could also be some loopholes in deferred compensation by MLB since as of now there is no International player draft. That would take a deep look to investigate.

3. Have a fall Juco Showcase at Eck where you play the winner. Bring in the World Series teams from the year before. Sept and October are way better baseball months here than Spring. The recruiting and NIL money waving opportunities would be off the chart with no other 4 year schools involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post

I didn’t suggest it would help stop anything.

I didn’t suggest don’t give to NIL.

I fully understand this is how it’s done.

So when WSU has some money will they be recruiting other teams players throughout the spring?

Did any of the players that left for money approach WSU in an unofficial way and say hey this is what I need to stay?

I gotta say it’s hard to hand money over to someone who has their hand out while constantly looking for better deal. I get that it’s impossible and not how it works but wish they could lock guys up with 4 year contracts, that would make it much much easier to give. As opposed to give to someone so they can improve on your dime to help another team out the next year.

College athletics has a very transient/minor league/only fans feel to it that makes me not care.

Before everyone could pretend the player had some sort of relationship with the institution/community but that facade is gone now. Why should I care when the player doesn’t? This is just a truck stop on the road to getting theirs. It’s off putting to say the least. With that said I don’t blame anyone trying to earn as much as possible just saying it has ramifications on my desire to support.

I think the player realizes the fans don't care when there is only 200-300 fans in the stadium. Most of that is friends and families of players.

Comment

• I wonder if there is a way to see what NIL deals the players, and especially for those who transferred in, at ORU receive?

Bit of a sarcastic comment on my part, surprise. I am doubtful many, if any, get NIL money at ORU for baseball-although I guess it could happen.

Will be rooting for them on Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan006 View Post

I think the player realizes the fans don't care when there is only 200-300 fans in the stadium. Most of that is friends and families of players.
                Tolle being named a second team All-American would probably be worth another 200-300 fans in the stadium next season.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Nm

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to be clear, don't the 11.7 scholarships have to be divided between a MINIMUM of 27 and a maximum of 35 (roster limit, sans covid kids)? That just seems a bit confusing to me.
                        Under the basic rules, ignoring any Covid waivers, the MAXIMUM number of players receiving scholarships is 27. The only minimum is that any scholarships awarded have to be at least 25%. There is NO minimum number of players that are required to receive scholarships. If you use all of your scholarships the number of players on scholarship could be as low as 12. Of course, their is no requirement to use all of your allotted scholarships but can't imagine that happening except in rare and unusual cases.

The NCAA Oversight Committee approved a one-year waiver for the 2023-24 athletic/academic year for Division I Baseball programs to have a roster size of 40 players, while also allowing them to spread 11.7 scholarships over 32 players instead of the 27-counter cap that used to be in place. The extra 5 roster spots and scholarship counter spots are only available to the extent you still have players who were on official roster in the 2020 Covid shortened season.

https://d1baseball.com/ncaa/ncaa-app...p-flexibility/

Once the players with the extra covid eligibility are out of the system these waivers will be a thing of the past although as you say we may be moving a fully funded head count sport for baseball at some point.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 14, 2023, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Maybe creating a searchable site (NCAA is responsible) to show what each athlete is paid by NIL would open eyes as to why athletes are leaving good schools and for how much $$$.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                              Maybe creating a searchable site (NCAA is responsible) to show what each athlete is paid by NIL would open eyes as to why athletes are leaving good schools and for how much $$$.
                              No way NCAA would allow that. It would unearth their dirty little game.

Comment

• If public schools are required to review and assure collective compliance with NIL-athlete contracts, then those contracts should be FOIA discoverable?
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X