Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe he and ADKS are cousins?

Comment

• Bright side, we're saving money on those darn national recruiting firm fees.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        Bright side, we're saving money on those darn national recruiting firm fees.
        Especially considering “National” has meant 1 state away or in-state twice
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          What makes this a very eyebrow raising hire is the lack of qualification, pure and simple.

ADKS determined that Hibbs wasn't qualified for a program of this caliber:
          - Hibbs has gone to 5 regionals out of 28 tries ... 0.179.
          - He has no deep NCAA runs.
          - He has an overall win percentage of about 0.546.
          That just doesn't meet the expectation at WSU. I think I have to agree with that.

But:
          - Green has went to only 1 regional out of 8 tries ... 0.125.
          - Not only does Green not have any deep runs ... he has never even won a single NCAA tournament game, as he went 0 and 2 in the one regional he made it to.
          - He has an overall win percentage of about 0.557 (not really any different than Hibbs').

On the surface, this head coach looks more unqualified than the interim he is replacing. If so, it would have been better to renew the interim contract until a qualified head coach could be found.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I am pretty sure we are stuck with Green, we will know for sure late this afternoon.
            An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockies Dad View Post
              Sorry to spoil the night for you all but my son is currently a player in the Colorado Rockies system and he started at Washington State from 2020 through 2022. He reached out to some of his former teammates up at Washington State today and they confirmed that Coach Green had a zoom call with the team today informing them that he was taking the Wichita State job.
              Care to share your thoughts on Green and your son’s experience playing for him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Outsider View Post

Care to share your thoughts on Green and your son’s experience playing for him?
                Same here.

Also a reminder that Shane at noon will have some insight. He is pubbing his first hour on twitter all about shocker baseball.

Comment

• It is unofficial official, press council probably on Wednesday.

Comment

• Isn't there a way to use the open records act to find out if a national search firm was hired? Anyone know what it cost?

Comment

• Butler used up all the patience this town had to offer. So Green will be under a microscope with MASSIVE expectations that he has never had placed on him before, with no track record of the type of success it takes to make it here to fall back on (NCAA tournament success). If he doesn't have instantaneous success, he is going to HATE this job.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Has TE said anything to this point?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                          Has TE said anything to this point?
                          His last tweet about baseball was adding Nate Thompson to the list of names to consider last Thursday.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Butler used up all the patience this town had to offer. So Green will be under a microscope with MASSIVE expectations that he has never had placed on him before, with no track record of the type of success it takes to make it here to fall back on (NCAA tournament success). If he doesn't have instantaneous success, he is going to HATE this job.
                            11-38 was his first year at NM State. New coach or not, that will end him here.

Comment

• I think every coach has plusses and minuses. What I can say about what I saw from Coach Green is that Washington State is a very difficult college baseball job. The weather is brutal, the location is remote. The conference is very competitive. When Green got there, they had won 11 games the year before. In his time there, the team was basically a .500 team. For the most part competitive. The offenses were pretty good, the pitching was generally poor. Given the obstacles that exist at Washington State, I would say Green elevated the program as much as you could expect it to be elevated. Pitching was the big issue at Washington State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockies Dad View Post
                                I think every coach has plusses and minuses. What I can say about what I saw from Coach Green is that Washington State is a very difficult college baseball job. The weather is brutal, the location is remote. The conference is very competitive. When Green got there, they had won 11 games the year before. In his time there, the team was basically a .500 team. For the most part competitive. The offenses were pretty good, the pitching was generally poor. Given the obstacles that exist at Washington State, I would say Green elevated the program as much as you could expect it to be elevated. Pitching was the big issue at Washington State.
                                Thanks for coming in and sharing. And congratulations to your son on getting to the minor leagues! That's pretty cool.

I think what you hit on (weather, location, conference) is an important factor that many are overlooking here. Just look up Pullman, WA on a map and it's truly in the middle of nowhere and compared to places with scenery and weather like, well, pretty much every other conference opponent, it can't be that appealing.

What are the facilities like at Washington State in your estimation compared to the other places your son may have visited while being recruited?
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X