No announcement yet.

WSU at UCF (May 18-20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would expect Hibbs to be named Coach of the Year.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      I would expect Hibbs to be named Coach of the Year.
      Deja vu

Comment

Hibbs >>>>>>>>>> IB

For those of y'all who tuned out early last year, I'm not sure you realize how much of a shitshow it was. I don't think any coach could come in and instantly go back to the tourney this year. We are no longer a powerhouse with the facilities and recruiting advantages we used to have - not to mention Hibbs didn't have a recruiting cycle, and his class for next year looks nothing short of excellent.

I get it, we've been burned on this before but... Hibbs LOVES this program and has done a good (not excellent, but good) job with what he's been given. The fielding will be better next year once we don't have to play half the lineup out of position out of necessity.
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Yeah.

This is probably an argument for next week... but. As far as coaching moving forward - I have a hard time just throwing away the best season WSU baseball has had in 10 years. Totally get being frustrated. And I totally get the argument that we could get someone better. However we have not had anyone better in a decade, that is not nothing.

If they retain Hibbs I trust it would be done smartly. Or smarter than IB was. Can't be done much worse, I guess.

I was also pretty staunchly anti-Pelfrey - but a top-25 ERA certainly makes you think twice about cleaning house.

I am glad I am not having to make the decision. Have to trust Saal, he has not given us a reason not to, yet.
          I think more interesting, will be how many players jump in the portal next Monday. Everyone seems to put a lot of weight on how no-one jumped ship mid-season, i think that is an oversight. I hope I am wrong but I am preparing for mass exodus. I get the feeling that most players are not big Hibbs fans. But I do believe that retaining and promoting Siri would keep some kids in place and retain the strong recruiting that is currently committed in the future

Comment

You got the wrong feeling, son.

Comment

Hibbs COY officially in American.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                You got the wrong feeling, son.
                1st of all, not your son and probably old enough to be your father. I am a new fan of the program, but have grandkids that play and played D1 baseball so I do have a little insight to what the mentality of a current athlete is made of. I have been to a dozen or so WSU home games this year and my comments are based on what I see firshand. Again...I hope I am wrong and this team continues to improve with whoever leads it and whoever is on the roster.

Comment

Boy, for a team who can't pitch and walks too many guys (that everyone loves to blame on Pelf) finishing 2nd in the conference in ERA, Walks per 9 and WHIP is pretty damn good
                  Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan006 View Post

1st of all, not your son and probably old enough to be your father. I am a new fan of the program, but have grandkids that play and played D1 baseball so I do have a little insight to what the mentality of a current athlete is made of. I have been to a dozen or so WSU home games this year and my comments are based on what I see firshand. Again...I hope I am wrong and this team continues to improve with whoever leads it and whoever is on the roster.
                    If you are old enough to be Doc’s father I have one question: was Prohibition as bad as everyone said it was?

Comment

If you are old enough to be Doc’s father I have one question: was Prohibition as bad as everyone said it was?
                      Also, what was it like building the railroad for Cornelius Vanderbilt?

Comment

Ole Ross and I used to hear the locals tell tall tales about Carry Nation and her ilk… can’t imagine having to live with that wicked witch…

“Talk to me Ross.”

“By her own account, temperance reformer Carry A. Nation used rocks, a sledgehammer borrowed from a blacksmith, and a bar room billiard ball to destroy five Kansas saloons—before she took up a hatchet to destroy a Wichita, Kansas, saloon on December 27, 1900.”
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Ole Ross and I used to hear the locals tell tall tales about Carry Nation and her ilk… can’t imagine having to live with that wicked witch…

“Talk to me Ross.”

“By her own account, temperance reformer Carry A. Nation used rocks, a sledgehammer borrowed from a blacksmith, and a bar room billiard ball to destroy five Kansas saloons—before she took up a hatchet to destroy a Wichita, Kansas, saloon on December 27, 1900.”
                          Fyi… Prohibition was a breeze… we were still boozin’…
                          Ross and I were the original “booze brothers”…
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                            Boy, for a team who can't pitch and walks too many guys (that everyone loves to blame on Pelf) finishing 2nd in the conference in ERA, Walks per 9 and WHIP is pretty damn good
                            What’s our pitching statistics vs the bottom half of D1 vs the top half? What’s the overall pitching statistics since MP has been pitching coach?

#extendpelfrey
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              What’s the overall pitching statistics since MP has been pitching coach?
                              Don't know, but it's the first time he has been under a Division 1 college head coach that is both experienced and sober. Now that he finally has a solid and stable manager at the helm, his results have been pretty dang good compared with where we have been.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Don't know, but it's the first time he has been under a Division 1 college head coach that is both experienced and sober. Now that he finally has a solid and stable manager at the helm, his results have been pretty dang good compared with where we have been.
                                That’s false. He was hired under Butler. Unless Butler was doing some boozing too which would explain a lot.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X