No announcement yet.

WSU at UCF (May 18-20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shockers putting up another double digit run game. Will it be enough?

Comment

Another big 9th inning rally for the Shocks. But can their pitching protect a 5-run lead.

I wondering if UCF and the Shocks decided to close out the season playing slow ptich softball.

Comment

If anyone gives a flying F, we apparently won game 2.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
          I switched over from the SB game and we were trailing
          7-6; we put up 6 in the top of the 9th and Snead took care of the bottom. Hope the SB team finds their way soon.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Did anyone have the Shockers scoring 15 in game 1 and 12 in game 2 but had to have a 9th inning rally in game 2 to gain a split on their bingo card?

The pitching stats took a beating today. Hopefully, Grant Adler can settle things down a bit tomorrow. However, I believe the Shocks have locked up the 3 seed in the AAC Tournament so they probably will have Grant on a fairly restrictive pitch count.

Here are the standings with 1 game to play: https://theamerican.org/standings.aspx?standings=98

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I switched over from the SB game and we were trailing
              7-6; we put up 6 in the top of the 9th and Snead took care of the bottom. Hope the SB team finds their way soon.
              Hope your mojo hits the bats of the softball team too…

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                I do….this team can be as fun to watch as it is maddening. The comeback in Game One may have been one of the greatest in Shocker history although no one will remember because we lost.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Did anyone have the Shockers scoring 15 in game 1 and 12 in game 2 but had to have a 9th inning rally in game 2 to gain a split on their bingo card?

The pitching stats took a beating today. Hopefully, Grant Adler can settle things down a bit tomorrow. However, I believe the Shocks have locked up the 3 seed in the AAC Tournament so they probably will have Grant on a fairly restrictive pitch count.

Here are the standings with 1 game to play: https://theamerican.org/standings.aspx?standings=98
                    I believe we’ll see Candiotti tomorrow and not Adler. I think we’ll see Adler on Tuesday night.

The seeding is actually fairly straightforward. If Houston beats Cincy and ECU loses to USF then UH is the 1 & ECU the 2 seed. Any other combination is ECU the 1 and Houston the 2.

We’re the 3 seed and will play Tuesday night. UCF holds the tiebreaker over Cincy so they’ll be the 4 seed. Likewise Cincy holds the tiebreaker over Memphis so they have 5th locked up.

IF Tulane beats Memphis then Tulane is 6, Memphis is 7 and USF IS 8. If Memphis wins, then the Tigers are 6 & 7,8 will be decided on how USF does against ECU.

I feel confident ECU wins to take the league. And if they do it’s just Tulane Memphis for 6-7.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I believe we’ll see Candiotti tomorrow and not Adler. I think we’ll see Adler on Tuesday night.
                      In either case, I would expect they will be limited to around 50 to 60 pitches at most conidering tomorrow's game is pretty meaningless at this point unless the Shocks are in a position for an at-large invitation to the NCAA Tournament which I don't think is porbably the case with ELO of 90 and and RPI of 98.

Might even go Johnny Wholestaff with everyone going one inning at a time.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 20, 2023, 02:35 AM.

Comment

In a day dominated by the offenses there was at least on defensive play that was outstanding:

Comment

My observation from someone who hasn't watched a ton of games this season, although I watched portions of both DH games...talented yet lacking fundamentals. Did I hear correctly they are the worst AAC fielding team? Pitching had no command. Obviously they can hit and score.

Don't know if these games were outliers or these are issues occurring throughout the season. If the latter, then it could be youth and/or coaching. Bottom line, it appeared to me that the talent is there to expect postseason appearances. Something tells me that won't happen in Clearwater

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                            My observation from someone who hasn't watched a ton of games this season, although I watched portions of both DH games...talented yet lacking fundamentals. Did I hear correctly they are the worst AAC fielding team? Pitching had no command. Obviously they can hit and score.

Don't know if these games were outliers or these are issues occurring throughout the season. If the latter, then it could be youth and/or coaching. Bottom line, it appeared to me that the talent is there to expect postseason appearances. Something tells me that won't happen in Clearwater
                            Team has some really good hitters and pitching hasn’t been that bad, but lack of depth has cost us games. Defense is sacrificed some maybe because we have guys playing out of position to keep our best bats in the lineup but Doc can weigh in on that subject. We are 30-21 and should be 34-17 even if you view the law of averages in the worst possible light against us.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Team has some really good hitters and pitching hasn’t been that bad, but lack of depth has cost us games. Defense is sacrificed some maybe because we have guys playing out of position to keep our best bats in the lineup but Doc can weigh in on that subject. We are 30-21 and should be 34-17 even if you view the law of averages in the worst possible light against us.
                              Law of averages or luck of the bounce is different than fielding percentages, costly errors, and basic fundamentals.

Comment

Just like with Butler teams, good individual talent with a lot of potential for next-level advancement but not a great cohesive team with questionable coaching.

With great coaching and good pitching, this team could probably host a regional.

#extendpelfrey
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X