Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    Why wouldn't they?

Are you really not going to give Rice a bid because E. Carolina wins their autobid? Or UCF with their No. 24 RPI?
    East Carolina finished 6th in the regular season and went 1-2 in the CUSA tournament. They did not get the auto bid they got an at large.

BTW- Michigan St. finished 5th in the big 10 regular season (10th best conference).

Comment

I just think the Valley got short changed
      Originally posted by shock10 View Post
      Just pointing out that the big 12 got 3 at large. The 4 best conference.
      Conference USA got 3 at large as the 6th best conference
      The Missouri Valley got 2 at large as the 5th best conference
      The Southern Conference got 2 at large as the 7 best conference

The Valley is thought of as an equal to the Southern.

Oh and UAB won the auto
      First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by shock10 View Post
        Just pointing out that the big 12 got 3 at large. The 4 best conference.
        Conference USA got 3 at large as the 6th best conference
        The Missouri Valley got 2 at large as the 5th best conference
        The Southern Conference got 2 at large as the 7 best conference

The Valley is thought of as an equal to the Southern.

Oh and UAB won the auto
        my bad on the e. carolina vs UAB. I just saw E. Car won their last game and assumed they were the winner.

Teams earn bids, conferences don't (of course it helps if your conference is good so you can build a quality resume).

I'm sorry but I'm don't really think that highly of the valley anyway. This year was an aberration, where ISUB created a perception that they might be good with a crappy non-conference schedule and lucked out when SWMO had a game rained out (but they showed their true colors going 0-2).

SWMO strength was their pitching, but almost screwed the pooch after Guttin almost abused his SP arms to fall off. They faltered, but recovered at the end. WSU, they had plenty of opportunities to not be on the bubble, but there is no consistency with the program.

Ultimately, you are forgetting the Phantom Member of the MVC - DBU (who was another reason for MVC success) did get an at-large. So unofficially the MVC did get 3 at-large, 4 bids. BTW, the MVC has never gotten more than 3 bids (at least since 1990).

Comment

Money that DBU get from the touney is not shared with the Valley so I can't go with them as a member but point taken.
          my bad on the e. carolina vs UAB. I just saw E. Car won their last game and assumed they were the winner.

Teams earn bids, conferences don't (of course it helps if your conference is good so you can build a quality resume).

I'm sorry but I'm don't really think that highly of the valley anyway. This year was an aberration, where ISUB created a perception that they might be good with a crappy non-conference schedule and lucked out when SWMO had a game rained out (but they showed their true colors going 0-2).

SWMO strength was their pitching, but almost screwed the pooch after Guttin almost abused his SP arms to fall off. They faltered, but recovered at the end. WSU, they had plenty of opportunities to not be on the bubble, but there is no consistency with the program.

Ultimately, you are forgetting the Phantom Member of the MVC - DBU (who was another reason for MVC success) did get an at-large. So unofficially the MVC did get 3 at-large, 4 bids. BTW, the MVC has never gotten more than 3 bids (at least since 1990).
          First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Exactly. People are losing reality on this.

That is an amazing stat. 3 bids for the Valley is unheard of. 4 just wasn't gonna happen, especially when you have sCUm stealing away one of those. The Valley should feel happy it got 3. But again, conferences don't earn bids, at least, they shouldn't.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
            X