2013 Valley Baseball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Valley Baseball Tournament

Although completely expected, yesterday the decision was made and the location will be Illinois State.

On the surface, I am sure this will be applauded, but it's horseshit. First, not that it mattered in the final tally, but why are UNI and Drake allowed to vote?

Something NEVER mentioned....for YEARS when the system was open to bidding, WSU would be the ONLY bidder more often than not.

This is just another reason to be SICK of the Valley. I am so disgusted and tired of these wastes of space it's not funny.

:very_drunk:

Capture.JPG:dejection:

“I’m disappointed it’s not at Wichita State,” Rasmussen said. “Too often, the vote is decided not based on quality of facilities, not based on quality of program, not based on number and quality of your fan support. It’s based on geography.”

I think there is opportunity hear for WSU, CU and MSU. It is clear these schools get it and aspire to another level.

Comment

The stupid Valley of even strikes again.

Comment

Just more game's I will miss.
        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

The fact that one of Drake or UNI voted is what really pisses me off. What kind of mickey mouse AD doesn't abstain from voting when they don't even play. It's horse crap that they are allowed to vote but what does that say about an AD who chooses to go ahead and vote. Total D move, even though it didn't have an effect.

Ugh I hate the Valley, and I hate Iowa and everything in it. Especially all the 6'6 pin headed crackers who play PF and think that means flopping and shooting 3's.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            :very_drunk:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]324[/ATTACH]:dejection:

I think there is opportunity hear for WSU, CU and MSU. It is clear these schools get it and aspire to another level.

Personally, I'd love WSU, CU, and MSU to find a new home. As you said, they get it. The MVC is becoming like a Y league where Johnny is patted on the tush and it's all about "fair" for everyone. The Eastern schools want the baseball tournament, but they don't want baseball to be more competitive by rejecting DB. Well, WSU and CU have travelled long miles, and travelled very well, for years upon years to St. Louis for the basketball tournament which is in the backyard of these Illinois and Indiana schools, so poor oh poor them they didn't get the baseball tournament, too. Horsepucky!!

Comment

Originally posted by shock10 View Post
              Just more game's I will miss.
              I realize it would mean not being there for our teams, but WSU and CU fans should simply stop going to St. Louis for basketball and any sub-par venue for the baseball tourney. Let's see how well Elgin would like that.

Comment

I'm going to say I like this fake league i just came up with better than the Valley. I think the far northern/eastern teams suck as partners in the Valley. They really don't do a dang thing for the western schools, treat them like crap. If you extract CU/WSU/MSU from the Valley think about whats left. Especially when you realize ISUr is going to be focusing it's resources on football and thats something they have set in motion and can't back out from now (30+ million on stadium via student fees). There is Bradley and they do drop the money but I looking at separating from the eastern schools.

Creighton, Wichita State, Missouri State, Denver, Oral Roberts, UT-Arlington, UA-Little Rock, UM-Kansas City

***DBU for baseball, as Denver doesn't play***
                ***make UMKC agree to add baseball and move basketball back to Memorial Auditorum***

I know UMKC, UALR are really U G L Y but they would both fit the footprint and don't suck any worse than UE, Drake, ISUb (non baseball) on a year to year basis. On top of that they are not weighed down by football and are in larger metro areas so if they experience success they could build on it. Denver would be the outlier but Wichita, Omaha, KC would be much closer to them than any other league outside of say the MWC. MSU could keep their crappy football in the MVC football conference or maybe they could move it to the southland or OVC, who cares. You could make OKC the spot of the league tourney.
                Last edited by Ta town; May 20, 2012, 11:43 AM.

Comment

An interesting question raised by @Ta town: in his post above. Are MVC schools smarter to pour resources into football programs in the hope that they MIGHT someday reach the lower echelons of FBS football and perhaps get invited to a conference where their share of the TV pie would allow them to survive or would they be smarter to dump their football programs and pour the resources into the remaining sports and build a stromg basketball/baseball focused conference?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    An interesting question raised by @Ta town in his post above. Are MVC schools smarter to pour resources into football programs in the hope that they MIGHT someday reach the lower echelons of FBS football and perhaps get invited to a conference where their share of the TV pie would allow them to survive or would they be smarter to dump their football programs and pour the resources into the remaining sports and build a stromg basketball/baseball focused conference?
                    Or maybe the Valley should expand to 14 by adding Denver, Oral Roberts, UT-Arlington, and UA-LR, plus DB for baseball. That might counter the Eastern Block of the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      Or maybe the Valley should expand to 14 by adding Denver, Oral Roberts, UT-Arlington, and UA-LR, plus DB for baseball. That might counter the Eastern Block of the Valley.
                      More members to distribute ncaa money between, no thanks. I'm not one in favor of the Valley expanding as there are nothing but no-value added programs to invite.

Comment

The eastern block are responsible for DBU not being in the league - so they definitely won't go for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                          More members to distribute ncaa money between, no thanks. I'm not one in favor of the Valley expanding as there are nothing but no-value added programs to invite.
                          I know, I know. I should've added those little rolling eyes to my post. I am just PO'd about this east/west thing and how the voting goes.

On the other hand, 3 of those 4 teams would have had RPIs in the top half of the Valley in basketball. #51 ORU (3rd), #94 Denver (5th), and #111 Tx-Arlington (7th). Even UA-LR was #176, well ahead of SIU #255 and Bradley #265. Of course, none would make the Dance and add to the pot of money.

DB does been value to baseball, but we should add them regardless, if they'll have us.

Comment

DB does been value to baseball, but we should add them regardless, if they'll have us.
                            DBU is a no doubt and should have already been in the Valley. I was speaking no value added teams when considering full membership and ones that would actually want to join. Even someone like a Denver or ORU, who I would rather have over some other current Valley members don't bring enough to add onto the current league.

I don't think WSU or CU should have greater influence than their percentage it's just that a majority percentage of the Valley resides in Iowa/Illinois/Indiana, annoying.

Comment

I have nothing against Illinois State, but good Lord. Is this payback for all the times Eck hosted in the past? Are we getting penalized for outbidding the hell out of this thing in the past, bringing in lots of financial and fan support, and displaying a great product? Is this why for the 3rd year in a row the Valley has now steered away from Eck Stadium?

I mean whatever I guess, but this has been tried out in the past and failed miserably. But the Valley would rather be equal than reward the best programs with the best support that bring in the most money. I mean 1500 capacity. Seriously? That is beyond laughable.

​I hate this damn league.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X