2013 Valley Baseball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    Pretty wild. SIU goes 28-27 (9-12) and has 3 on the 1st team, 4 on the 2nd. WSU at 35-23 (12-9) gets 1 on each team.
    That is flipping fantastic. It appears SIU is the 3 seed and WSU is the 6 seed heading into tomorrow.

This smear BS is getting REALLY old.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Well, I suspect there is alot pent up frustration with alot of mvc teams against wsu (for example wsu at one point winning the conference 13 times in a row). These programs see this as an opportunity to kick wsu while their down. What is really bad is the MVC and other schools are not even trying to hide it.

U either get up and kick them in the grapes or roll over into the fetal position and continue to take the abuse. I know what the old GS would have done. I don't think the present day GS has it in him any more - but maybe this will relight that fire.

Comment

At first glance, and only a glance, I don't have a real issue with most of the list, although the number of SIU folks seems to be a little high. If it wasn't SO typical of this league. I wonder if the UNI play by play guy gets a vote and just wanted to kaboom a couple Shocks?

I don't really get how Kris Gardner and his conference 0.32 ERA doesn't merit inclusion somewhere. I know he only had 4 out of a possible 7 starts but still.

ZERO.32

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          At first glance, and only a glance, I don't have a real issue with most of the list, although the number of SIU folks seems to be a little high. If it wasn't SO typical of this league. I wonder if the UNI play by play guy gets a vote and just wanted to kaboom a couple Shocks?

I don't really get how Kris Gardner and his conference 0.32 ERA doesn't merit inclusion somewhere. I know he only had 4 out of a possible 7 starts but still.

ZERO.32
          How does Taylor Brown receive one vote for POY in basketball? Seriously WTH is wrong with this league?

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
            Ugh I hate the Valley, and I hate Iowa and everything in it. Especially all the 6'6 pin headed crackers who play PF and think that means flopping and shooting 3's.
            What is a cracker?
            "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
              What is a cracker?
              Caucasian

BTW: That was more of just a humor thing. I don't hate Iowa or cracker PF's. Apologies to all things Iowa.
              Last edited by Ta town; May 22, 2012, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Its just the have nots trying to slow down the haves. Lets face it, the rest of the conference isnt able to keep up with the jones'. Everyone knows it and they will keep this **** up trying to get rid of WSU and Creighton.

Comment

The MVC basketball tournament would be laughable without WSU and Creighton fans there. As for baseball, granted CU sucks this year, but pull both programs out of the equation and the MVC is a 1 bid league that averages less than 500 fans at its baseball games.

Comment

SIU Cameron Maldonado makes the 2nd ALL-MVC. His stats 6-1, 5.71 ERA, 64 IP, 53 K, Opp BAvg 0.298

WSU Kris Gardner, 5-1, 2.05 ERA, 70 IP, Opp Bavg 0.221.

WSU has about 4 more pitchers that put up better years than Maldonado.

Comment

This is just pathetic, the MVC is going to hold it's championship games at a stadium that holds 1000 people when sold-out. Not one game will sell out. After the screw in Lou and yearly stubs of the WSU teams in voting for whatever league honors, how many clues do we need that we are not wanted here (in the MVC) and we should just pick up our teams and go elsewhere, maybe convince CU to go with us and then watch this league die?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        That is flipping fantastic. It appears SIU is the 3 seed and WSU is the 6 seed heading into tomorrow.
                        Unfortunately, it appeared that way both during and after the game as well.

Comment

The 2013 Valley of Even tournament in Normal begins on Tuesday. I see from the Valley web-site that there is no reserved seating, just GA. I also see from the Valley web-site that all of the games can be viewed on espn3 and watch espn, except the championship game which will be televised on Valley Tv (FOXsports MW, KC etc).

Since Ill St finished first maybe they can actually get a few fans to show up.

The Shox will play SIU at 12:30pm on Tuesday (Cu and Indy St kick off the tournament at 9 am on Tuesday).

Comment

Nothing like rehashing the pain of this thread.

I realize I'm both biased and irritated, but I couldn't help thinking as I read through this again that for all the even this league adheres to, the basketball tourney sure doesn't get included in that thinking. Nobody is interested in helping out ole WSU there. Stunning.

Comment

This conference is run like a Communist country. Punish the successful, drive them downward while giving the slackers all the perks they can't handle. The Shared Misery of Mediocrity Conference.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO View Post
                                This conference is run like a Communist country. Punish the successful, drive them downward while giving the slackers all the perks they can't handle. The Shared Misery of Mediocrity Conference.
                                Communist country? Read what you wrote again. Sounds like USA circa start of the 21st century.

The league's sudden desire to take the tournament out of the cities with the best facilities, fan bases for baseball, and perhaps even pay the bills is dumbfounding. I suppose all the $$$ pumped into the league via NCAA basketball appeareances have give the have-nots enough chutzpah to demand the tournament in their cities.

In all honesty, however, it is nice to be able to make other plans for spending Memorial Day weekend doing something else. Lord know we won't be traveling to Normal or Terre Haute to watch baseball. Springfield and Omaha were fun, but ...

--'85.
                                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
                                X