Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatever it takes to get people to actually show up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
    I don't know is MSU hosting really the problem? I did hear yesterday that ISUr is putting in a new turf infield and redoing the outfield surface. So while I think they should give it to schools where the tournament would actually be successful I do appreciate both ISU's and what they have put into baseball recently.

I still wish they could have it at community ball park at the legends in KC. I know that isn't an option financially though.
    I have no problem with anyone hosting the MVC baseball tournament as long as people, particularly the locals, show up. I don't have a problem with give-away tickets, as long as the hosting team has paid a reasonable price to the Valley to hold the tourney. If they want to waste their money for the Valley's benefit, fine. Home field advantage for the tourney is overblown anyway. However, there is money to be made on baseball for the Valley. If there is only 2 or 3 willing to pay the price, so be it. That price benefits the Valley as a whole.

I also don't have a problem in passing the baseball tournament around as long as the Valley alternates the basketball tournaments between St. Louis and KC.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      I have no problem with anyone hosting the MVC baseball tournament as long as people, particularly the locals, show up. I don't have a problem with give-away tickets, as long as the hosting team has paid a reasonable price to the Valley to hold the tourney. If they want to waste their money for the Valley's benefit, fine. Home field advantage for the tourney is overblown anyway. However, there is money to be made on baseball for the Valley. If there is only 2 or 3 willing to pay the price, so be it. That price benefits the Valley as a whole.

I also don't have a problem in passing the baseball tournament around as long as the Valley alternates the basketball tournaments between St. Louis and KC.
      Which of course they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
        Wow. Way to completely change the real storyline: Brad Ziegler doing a good deed for some children. I don't think it should be ridiculed. There are still plenty passionate fans that will pay for tickets. It will still be a first class event, in a first class ballpark, with first class people hosting.
        Nice to know there are about 34 passionate fans in Springfield. Thanks for pointing that out.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Nice to know there are about 34 passionate fans in Springfield. Thanks for pointing that out.
          The championship game has started and it looks like 34 may be all that is there.

Comment

Working...
          X