Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatever it takes to get people to actually show up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever it takes to get people to actually show up...

Great opportunity to watch the Bears opening nite of the MVC TOURNEY . Area kids 8th grade and under can pick up vouchers at almost all area [includes smaller surrounding communities] McDonalds for a free ticket to the game Tuesday Nite. Thru the "BEARS ASSISTING YOUTH" program and a substantial donation by Brad Ziegler , about 7,500 vouchers are available .

Pick up vouchers for all elgible kids then take them to the ticket booth and use them to cover the ticket for the youth and purchase adult tix in the same area so you and your group can all sit together.
    YOUSUCKITPOX

wow..... I can't recall a time WSU has ever given out free tickets. I guess you charge what the product your producing is worth...

With WSU charging $10 for GA on the hill, where you have to bring your own chair...wonder how that compares to other MVC schools.

Comment

Wow. Way to completely change the real storyline: Brad Ziegler doing a good deed for some children. I don't think it should be ridiculed. There are still plenty passionate fans that will pay for tickets. It will still be a first class event, in a first class ballpark, with first class people hosting.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
        Wow. Way to completely change the real storyline: Brad Ziegler doing a good deed for some children. I don't think it should be ridiculed. There are still plenty passionate fans that will pay for tickets. It will still be a first class event, in a first class ballpark, with first class people hosting.
        Thats fine. Good for Ziegler. How many home games did MSU have this year that this couldve been done at? Nope..waited for the tourney to try to actually get people to go.
        YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

$10 for outfield GA is a joke. Should be $5. I'm not sure I would even attend a shocker game if it was free.
          although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

Please don't ever use the term "first class people" in combination with anything related to Missouri State, especially on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Please don't ever use the term "first class people" in combination with anything related to Missouri State, especially on this board.
              C'mon Doc don't keep things bottled up. Tell us how you really feel. lmao

Comment

There are still plenty passionate fans that will pay for tickets.
                I guess if you define "plenty" in terms 100's.

Comment

Free tickets can work. Creighton was giving out an unlimited number of free tickets tonight plus a fireworks show and was able to draw almost 16,000.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                    Free tickets can work. Creighton was giving out an unlimited number of free tickets tonight plus a fireworks show and was able to draw almost 16,000.
                    I dont care what people want to do for regular season NOTRIVALRY games. I do care what they do for tournament games.
                    YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

Pathetic on so many levels, yet the Valley continues to play ring around the rosies with this thing.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Pathetic on so many levels, yet the Valley continues to play ring around the rosies with this thing.
                        The last time I checked this was the MISSOURI VALLEY conference tournament and not the Cessna/Boeing/Beechcraft Wichita State Invitational Baseball Tournament. Fair is fair and the Valley is doing what it can to help grow the sport. I can guarantee you that we will have more butts in the seats in Springfield than we will see in Normal in 2013.

Comment

The last time I checked this was the MISSOURI VALLEY conference tournament and not the Cessna/Boeing/Beechcraft Wichita State Invitational Baseball Tournament. Fair is fair and the Valley is doing what it can to help grow the sport. I can guarantee you that we will have more butts in the seats in Springfield than we will see in Normal in 2013.
                          Having more butts in seats than Illinois State is a pretty weak comparison. Raise your standards a little.

Comment

So we reward one of the schools who vetoed adding Dallas Baptist because a road trip to Texas every other year would be too big of a financial commitment?

Just making sure I understand you correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                              So we reward one of the schools who vetoed adding Dallas Baptist because a road trip to Texas every other year would be too big of a financial commitment?

Just making sure I understand you correctly.
                              Please keep in mind @GoShockers89: that MSU and CU voted with WSU on that issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X