WSU at Creighton (Mar 18,19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU at Creighton (Mar 18,19)

Last edited by Kung Wu; March 15, 2023, 09:28 PM.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Creighton played an abbreviated 2-game series vs BYU that was moved to Kansas U due to eternal winter in Omaha. The Jays won both, making them 6-5 on the season. Their fielding is excellent, hitting just okay - team BA of .273 with decent power numbers, but starting and relief pitching has been atrocious.

Look for the Shox/Jays series to be moved out of Omaha southward, also.

Comment

Originally posted by JayPak View Post
      Creighton played an abbreviated 2-game series vs BYU that was moved to Kansas U due to eternal winter in Omaha. The Jays won both, making them 6-5 on the season. Their fielding is excellent, hitting just okay - team BA of .273 with decent power numbers, but starting and relief pitching has been atrocious.

Look for the Shox/Jays series to be moved out of Omaha southward, also.
      So far we don't have a Friday night pitcher.

And we are bipolar -- either all cylinders are firing and our fielding looks crisp, our pitchers are dialed in, and we're hitting; or no cylinders are firing and we look like keystone cops fielding and would whiff a watermelon tossed at us from 10 ft. We are either going to beat you by 4+ runs or you're gonna hold us to 1 or even 0 runs. Probably nothing in between.

I have watched or listened to nearly every game over the past few years, but I don't know shyte about baseball, so the cost of my observations is about $0.02 and I'll toss in a 2 penny discount.

Comment

Oh and our RPI is super bad so you will probably get a lot of 0 or 1 run games out of us.

Comment

Go Shockers - Creighton Series Moved to Wichita, Shortened to Two Games

WICHITA, Kan. -- Due to expected freezing temperatures in the Omaha area this weekend, Wichita State baseball's scheduled three-game series against Creighton has been moved to Wichita and shortened to two games. The Shockers and Bluejays will play at Eck Stadium on Saturday at 1:00 PM and Sunday at 12:00 PM.

Admission is free for both games, which will also be streamed live on ESPN+. Gates will open one hour prior to first pitch; only the gate behind home plate will be open. There will be no reserved parking and outfield seating will not be open. The All-American Club and Sky Boxes will be open as normal.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Not so balmy here either this weekend.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Channeling my inner Beavis…

“Said ‘balmy’…ehh ehhh ehh”.

Comment

The one series I was going to get to watch this year and it gets moved. Rats.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Tried going further south but the logistics last minute, to get not one but 2 teams to travel, hotel, expenses, usable ballpark, umps etc etc was just too much to overcome. And it's not just us, CU (and others) didn't want to spend the money either.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Tried going further south but the logistics last minute, to get not one but 2 teams to travel, hotel, expenses, usable ballpark, umps etc etc was just too much to overcome. And it's not just us, CU (and others) didn't want to spend the money either.
                    So canceled or delayed or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

So canceled or delayed or something else?
                      Two games at Eck; Saturday at 1:00 and Sunday at Noon.

Comment

Originally posted by JayPak View Post

Two games at Eck; Saturday at 1:00 and Sunday at Noon.
                        Corrected thread title and first post.

Comment

So does WSU help pay travel expenses since this was supposed to be in Omaha?

Comment

Free admission Saturday and Sunday. Perhaps those of us that do brave the cold could instead donate to Armchair Strategies since we're getting in for free? Or give to the Battery Club if you aren't into the NIL world (which I totally understand)......just a thought. Every little bit helps.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Free admission Saturday and Sunday. Perhaps those of us that do brave the cold could instead donate to Armchair Strategies since we're getting in for free? Or give to the Battery Club if you aren't into the NIL world (which I totally understand)......just a thought. Every little bit helps.
                              Ahem, Brave the Cold Doc? You will be sitting in a climate controlled Box overlooking Eck Stadium. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X