No announcement yet.

WSU at Creighton (Mar 18,19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The statistics absolutely do not align with the record. And even if you factor in the 2 really bad games (UT and Oakland) if you go even 3-4 (instead of 1-6) then the record is 12-6 and you're on course for where you want to be. And that's still kind of worst case scenario.

Brock's play has been a little low of expectations for me. He seems to be trying to hit too many long balls to me. David Herring has been everything expected, perhaps more. Pennington has been good, not quite as good as he's capable though. Tolle is exceeding expectations. Millan as well but he needs to be able to throw out the occasional runner (pitchers have some blame here too BUT that has improved fairly dramatically the last couple of weeks). Stroh has been much better, walking as much or more than striking out. Little will get better and hopefully we'll get Thornhill back at some point. Ingram has been inconsistent, McDonald a little disappointing and Rogers really hasn't gotten started, which leaves as you mentioned, Gustafson who is getting more comfortable, fast. Even struggling, I still like McDonald more than Ingram in center (both have kicked a couple they shouldn't) but I would like to Gustafson vs righties and McDonald vs lefties for awhile.

Also as you mentioned, there's both talent and effectiveness in the top 10 pitchers for the most part. Candiotti has been ok and gives you innings. Tolle has been dominant more often than not, Grant Adler has been really good. Caden Favors has been rock solid. Snead and Mulhollon have a ton of upside and have been tough. Miner has been surprisingly sharp. Wilkinson has been good. Cranz has been dominant outside of like 3 costly ABs. Even Dillhoff has been ok. Bye HAS to get better (and should). Might be tough for the rest (Rost, NAdler & Boyer) to get quality chances. Still hoping that Austin Wallace will get healthy and if he does, he'll definitely get a chance to see what he can do. Not sure about Vercoe and Dunne.

ERA down to 4.09 with a WHIP of 1.27. 3.33 K/BB Hitting .298 to the opponents .241

Still need to learn how to win.

I guess the saving grace is this team is 10-8, hasn't played consistently at all, frankly has been a little unlucky, and has a ton of things they can improve on in all aspects (hitting, pitching, fielding, running) to improve future outcomes.

ISR - 124 ELO - 118 RPI - 139

Comment

Hibbs said today on the Phil Stephenson show that when we had runners in scoring position five different times with a chance to win the game, we hit balls with exit velocities of 105 mph, all of which resulted in outs. That is why baseball will drive you nuts.

Best part of the interview was when Phil asked Scooter:
      “Does this team have a base running coach?”
      Hibbs took it like a man and replied that he knew Phil was going to go there.
      Last edited by shoxlax; March 20, 2023, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Hibbs said today on the Phil Stephenson show that when we had runners in scoring position five different times with a chance to win the game, we hit balls with exit velocities of 105 mph, all of which resulted in outs. That is why baseball will drive you nuts.

“Does this team have a base running coach? Hibbs took it like a man and replied that he knew Phil was going to go there.
        Was Phil offering his volunteer services to coach baserunning?

Comment

Our conference is pretty weak this year minus UCF and ECU. I think we have a chance to at least do some damage. Wonder how well Hibbs has to do to get the full-time job. Is that something we would want?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

“Does this team have a base running coach? Hibbs took it like a man and replied that he knew Phil was going to go there.
            That's good stuff shoxlax

KGSO, Wichita, Kansas. 1,353 likes · 46 talking about this · 34 were here. Follow this page to get caught up on all Sports info! 93.9 FM and 1410 AM

Comment

Interesting analytics from Scooter. With the winning run at 2nd and or 3rd in the 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th innings, we hit 3 balls with an exit velo of 105mph+ and all right at someone. Metrics say you hit 105 or better and you're hitting .700...and we got nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post
                Our conference is pretty weak this year minus UCF and ECU. I think we have a chance to at least do some damage. Wonder how well Hibbs has to do to get the full-time job. Is that something we would want?
                I'm think we would want a national search in line with what WSU did in finding ADKS and now using t search for a new men's basketball coach. Personally, I would like to make Kevin Hooper turn down an opportunity to take over. I was hoping he was the guy they would get to replace Todd Butler. But that didn't happen.

If after a national search Scooter is the guy ADKC believes should lead the program than so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Interesting analytics from Scooter. With the winning run at 2nd and or 3rd in the 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th innings, we hit 3 balls with an exit velo of 105mph+ and all right at someone. Metrics say you hit 105 or better and you're hitting .700...and we got nothing.
                  That ‘s cool and all…but at least one of those times with a runner on third, I would have been happy with a 10 mph suicide squeeze bunt up the 3rd base line for the winning run. But, that’s just me.

Comment

Working...
                  X