WSU at Creighton (Mar 18,19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revenge curb stomping.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
      Creighton used up all of their good pitchers yesterday. Hibbs should’ve let a few of the guys go 2 innings in relief.
      Or more.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Are there really not any better options than Vornado at this point?
        Jaden Gustafson has proven that he has very high potential and deserves opportunities. Stroh, and Ingram, are inconsistent. Little has shown potential, but isn’t consistent either. However, he is needed at 3rd right now. I like Gustafson, and think he may be an answer in the outfield.

Comment

Tolle with 11 Ks in 6.2 innings so far. Other than the first inning, he's killin it.

Comment

Now 12 Ks!

Comment

Bases loaded and no outs!

Heeeeeeeere come the Shox!!!

Comment

Well we definitely won by 4.

Our team is good. I think our coaching cost us yesterday's match. We had the opportunity to win it.

Comment

Holy moly Tolle is 4 and nuttin.

Comment

Kung Wu glad to see you enjoying Shocker baseball matches. It is almost as much as you enjoy following your soccer games.

Comment

Tolle Dominant as Shockers Run-Rule Bluejays

Payton Tolle set a new career high with 12 strikeouts and added three more hits at the plate, powering Wichita State to a 12-2 win over Creighton on Sunday afternoon at Eck Stadium. The contest was called in the bottom of the seventh due to run-rule.

Tolle (4-0) survived a bumpy first inning to put together one of the best starts of his young collegiate career.

The Wichita State offense was relentless, scoring in five of seven opportunities against a parade of Creighton pitchers. Tolle got the scoring started with a first inning sacrifice fly that cut Creighton's early lead in half, then the Shockers (10-8) moved in front for good with a three-run bottom of the second. Chuck Ingram continued his offensive tear with an RBI double, and Brock Rodden put WSU on top by banging a two-run double off the wall in left for a 4-2 advantage.

All of the runs were charged to Creighton starter Justin Kleinsorge (1-1), who lasted just 1.2 innings for the Bluejays.

Mauricio Millan and Jaden Gustafson made it 6-2 Shockers in the third with run-scoring singles, then the Shockers put the game out of reach with a four-run bottom of the fourth. David Herring plated two with a booming double to right, coming in to score one batter later on a Tolle RBI single. A wild pitch later in the inning scored Tolle, making it 10-2 in favor of the Shockers.

Wichita State was able to activate the run-rule in the seventh on an Ingram RBI single and a run-scoring groundout from Seth Stroh.

In addition to Tolle's three-hit day, Rodden, Millan, Ingram and Garrett Pennington each added a pair of hits as part of a 15-hit attack for the Shockers.

I wonder if they may be giving some thought to moving Tolle up to the #1 guy in the starting rotation.

Comment

Fun to beat Creighton in anything. Wish they would have lost in basketball, too.

WSU baseball is a yo-yo.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Kung Wu glad to see you enjoying Shocker baseball matches. It is almost as much as you enjoy following your soccer games.
                          You're number one!

Last edited by Kung Wu; March 20, 2023, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Your're number one!

Apparently, I am. Many people have signaled that to me. Although some have indicated they think I am #2.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 20, 2023, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Our record doesn’t seem to align with the stats. I’d say this team is 1-6 in close games. The one win being extra innings at Utah Tech. We had a chance to win with a little execution in each of the losses besides the 4-12 at Utah Tech and the 7-12 to Oakland (I know we had errors all over but we weren’t ever really in that game).

The talent clearly seems to be there. I think the pitching staff can go 1-10 (without Austin Henry) with confidence and we have 3 fairly proven weekend starters. We need to learn how to execute with RISP when the ball isn’t flying off the bat. I’d say we really struggle to play any resemblance of small ball whatsoever, and that needs to be part of the arsenal for cold weather games.

All that to say I think it’s clear the talent of this team has clearly improved. The question will be when/if they can figure out how to win the close ones.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                                Our record doesn’t seem to align with the stats. I’d say this team is 1-6 in close games. The one win being extra innings at Utah Tech. We had a chance to win with a little execution in each of the losses besides the 4-12 at Utah Tech and the 7-12 to Oakland (I know we had errors all over but we weren’t ever really in that game).

The talent clearly seems to be there. I think the pitching staff can go 1-10 (without Austin Henry) with confidence and we have 3 fairly proven weekend starters. We need to learn how to execute with RISP when the ball isn’t flying off the bat. I’d say we really struggle to play any resemblance of small ball whatsoever, and that needs to be part of the arsenal for cold weather games.

All that to say I think it’s clear the talent of this team has clearly improved. The question will be when/if they can figure out how to win the close ones.
                                Excellent.

Comment

Working...
                                X