Shox vs. Bradley Game 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
    There was no conceding, Lambert was in before the ball was fielded. The ball was fielded and the out was recorded at 1B. They were caught completely off guard by Hall running. Return throw to home was high and late. I think Hall would have made it even with a perfect throw.

The Shox aggressiveness was completely outside the box on that play.

--'85.
    That play was just incredible and awesome. I told my friend at the game that I thought Donnie would have scored anyway even if Rea had missed the bunt. But the bunt was perfect, forcing the 3rd baseman to get the ball, leaving 3rd base wide open allowing Hall to keep running and then score easily. It was a thing of beauty.

Kevin Hall said they practice it nearly everyday and that it is his favorite play, but he almost didn't recognize the sign when Gene gave it (they had never done it before in a game).

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
      I was very dissapointed in Cale Elam today. After the lights out performance that I heard he had yesterday, to see him struggle today was very nerve racking. Granted, he was getting squeezed big time, but he didn't do his part by at least getting them close to the zone. Still, it's a wonder that Brent, Gene, or even both didn't get tossed from todays game. If I was on the coaching staff, I would have. There is just no excuse for a D1 umpiring crew to be as bad as these guys were, especially as inconsistent behind the plate as they were.
      I think the inconsistent strike zone affected all of our pitchers, not just Cale. AJ had only walked 6 guys all year, he just doesn't throw that many balls, but he walked 2 today. I thought AJ pitched a very good game today considering the inconsistency of the umpire.

Comment

I agree with you shocker3. You know you have a bad zone when coaches from BOTH teams make you come out to the mound so they can give you an earful. sad thing is, Bradley was getting a ton more calls than we were, and still couldn't take advantage of it. I agree AJ got screwed.. Foster had some tough luck (somebody teach Dayne what sunglasses are so he can catch a pop fly next time)... I still say Cale got screwed the most however.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
          I agree with you shocker3. You know you have a bad zone when coaches from BOTH teams make you come out to the mound so they can give you an earful. sad thing is, Bradley was getting a ton more calls than we were, and still couldn't take advantage of it. I agree AJ got screwed.. Foster had some tough luck (somebody teach Dayne what sunglasses are so he can catch a pop fly next time)... I still say Cale got screwed the most however.
          I agree with you. I think the ump really squeezed Cale badly. To Dayne's defense, the clouds kept coming and going, the timing of the sun popping out brightly on that pop-up was bad luck. Dayne also made an incredible defensive play earlier in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Despite all the pitfalls and crappyness endured over the last few years, I seemed to catch a small bit of the -fever- after the way that game ended. I know, I'm probably setting myself up, but man, it was fun. I hope I end up being wrong about the at-large chances with this team. I really do. I know we all know the general direction the program has headed and one game against Badly shouldn't change much, but I'll never ever root against a team wearing a WSU logo on their sleeves. The best thing is to wish em well, hope they succeed, and things just fall accordingly in the future.
            Fever, There you go, inside my brain again. Been a terrible season for me - too many obligations have kept me away more than I've been able to get out for games. But this weekend was pretty fun. Despite the fact that the Shox mostly struggled vs. one of the league bottom-feeders, I was feeling good about the Shox "never quit" mentality. The two walk-off hits really send a jolt of black and yellow through the veins and if the Shox can keep themselves in games, they can win those games.

The youth makes me excited, but again, my enthusiasm is tempered by things like the top of the 9th Sunday.

Keep rollin' Shox!!

--'85.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
            X