No announcement yet.

WSU vs ORU (Mar 7, Mar 21, May 9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite this being a good opportunity for a quality win I have to admit that a rain out would be okay with me.

What would be ideal would be to get the game in with some nice thunder showers starting about 15 minutes after the final out.

Comment

I wondered how they would handle Gadler missing the Sunday start. What's more interesting is how they want to set up Tues/Wed or Tues/Thurs in Clearwater. This may begin to set that plan in motion.

Comment

We gotta kick this kid in the grapes tonight!

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Another stellar hitting approach in the 5th. 2 on, no outs…2-0 count…strike out, pop out, ground out = no runs.

Comment

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Season taking a major U turn. No urgency. No anger. Resignation.

Comment

Tonight seemed to me to be the other guys were just the better team.

Comment

1 run. 1 gd run. In the midweek?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Bright side: The Vornado got 3 hits.
                    Not bright side: He got the only 3 hits.

Hoping our team exit velocity is still over 100 mph. (That’s BA sarcasm folks).

Comment

Well that was a fun couple of weeks to reminisce on the good old days. Back to reality now.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                        Well that was a fun couple of weeks to reminisce on the good old days. Back to reality now.
                        Those are my thoughts as well, I definitely enjoyed it but the loss to Memphis was an omen of things to come.

Comment

Disappointing, certainly, but Memphis is far from a dud. They're 26-22, took 1 of 3 from Houston and ORU (we didn't) and are on a 5 game heater since winning that Sunday game.

Not defending anything, but big picture.

That being said, the manner in which we've gone about our business the last 5 games is somewhat troubling. Getting back on track this weekend is crucial to being ready to compete in Clearwater.

The pitching continues to be really good. The last five (1-4 record) we've given up 2 earned, 0 earned, 2 earned, 6 earned (very misleading) and 3 earned. That should be good enough to win at least 3 if not all 5 in college baseball. But a seemingly strong desire to fail to move runners and frankly poor approaches at the plate have combined with really poorly timed errors to set this team back quite a bit. They need to be sharp, clean, back up their pitchers and swing the bat with conviction this weekend in what should be a sweep of a below average (although still talented) USF side.

Comment

Working...
                          X