No announcement yet.

Shox vs. K-State, game 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We can never have enough runs.Keep scoring Shox.

Comment

Weak AB for Baker.

Comment

Home plate ump is ready to go home.

Comment

SO we scored with bases loaded and 0 outs, but then we didn't. So I don't know how I feel because if a runner is on 3rd with 0 outs, he has to come home. Period.

Comment

Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
              SO we scored with bases loaded and 0 outs, but then we didn't. So I don't know how I feel because if a runner is on 3rd with 0 outs, he has to come home. Period.
              Who cares? Shox win. Everyone likes bonus baseball!

Comment

Hats off to AJ!Way to hang in there Shox.

Comment

Cautious optimism reigns.

Comment

Kudos to A.J. Ladwig. He deserved the win. Although he should never have seen the mound tonight.

Honorable mentions to Ryan Hege for his tying home run to allow us to get to extra innings and to Dayne Parker for his consistent work at the plate and his solid defensive work.

Of KSU's 7 runs I believe 5 of the runs were scored by runners who were either walked or HBP and the other 2 were the guys who homered.

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
                      Home plate ump is ready to go home.
                      Spent most of the evening at the softball diamonds and just got to watch from the 10th on. Was the strike zone 3 feet wide the entire night or just at the end? Looked to me if a pitch was between the batters box lines, it was a called strike.
                      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Honorable mentions to Ryan Hege for his tying home run to allow us to get to extra innings and to Dayne Parker for his consistent work at the plate and his solid defensive work.
                        Minus 1/2 kudo to whoever called for Parker to run in about the 10th or 11th on a 2-2 count with Coy at the plate. Dayne is a lot of things but a threat to steal he is not. He has wheels like Brandon Hall. ;)
                        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Overall Wetzel wasn't too bad. Missed a few here and there as he and most umps always will. There were about 3 Shocker strikeouts that probably were a little wide. No too bad I suppose for a college ump for a 15 inning game.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                            Minus 1/2 kudo to whoever called for Parker to run in about the 10th or 11th on a 2-2 count with Coy at the plate. Dayne is a lot of things but a threat to steal he is not. He has wheels like Brandon Hall. ;)
                            Yeah, that was a little bizarre. However, Johhny did start the game winning rally the next inning with a walk, so alls well that ends. Thing is this game should never have reached extra innings. We certainly did not make KSU earn most of their runs.

Comment

Is that the longest game in WSU history?

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                                Is that the longest game in WSU history?
                                Not quite, but it is the longest since....last week!!

Comment

Working...
                                X