Shox vs. K-State, game 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox vs. K-State, game 1

The Shox face K-state Tuesday night at 6:30pm in Manhattan. Another very winnable game. K-state is 19-21 this year with a rpi of 124. The Shox are 24-19 with a rpi of 68 (warren nolan).

Games is on KN-22. Hopefully Shane Dennis is the color guy again. I love listening to him rip into bad baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
      Games is on KN-22. Hopefully Shane Dennis is the color guy again. I love listening to him rip into bad baseball.
      The game is on Kansas 22 but I don't think it will be Shane doing the color. My understanding is that it will be the Kstate announcers doing this game. So it will be Mike Clark doing the color. I don't know who their play by play guy is.

Comment

Mitch Mormann is slated to start for WSU. Hopefully we will see the Mitch that pitched against Tulane, Purdue, Long Beach and the first 4 innings against SIU and not the Mitch we have seen the last couple of weeks.

Comment

I just found verification that it is indeed the Kstate announcers who will be doing the game on Tuesday (from goshockers.com). The name of the play by play guy is Brian Smoller and Mike Clark is the color guy:

The Wichita State baseball team travels to Manhattan, Kan., on Tue., April 24 to face Kansas State at 6:30 p.m.

Comment

Did WSU win?

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              Did WSU win?
              Yep and it's the win we needed over another powerhouse Big XII team that will now catapult us into NCAA at-large territory.

I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll be hosting a regional.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Yep and it's the win we needed over another powerhouse Big XII team that will now catapult us into NCAA at-large territory.

I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll be hosting a regional.
                She+was+cautiously+optimistic.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                  The game is on Kansas 22 but I don't think it will be Shane doing the color. My understanding is that it will be the Kstate announcers doing this game. So it will be Mike Clark doing the color. I don't know who their play by play guy is.
                  I am a KSU grad and fan, but also a big fan of the Shocks. I would much rather have Shane doing the game, I love listening to him, think he does a great job. Haertl I am not a fan of, but enjoy Shane Dennis. Smoller is just ok, definitely nothing to write home about, and Coach Clark is very drab, not a great voice or presence. Would much rather have Shane, but at least its on TV

Comment

Since Shane and Mike will be doing the radio tonight, I think I am going to watch the TV on mute and listen to the radio.

Comment

I guess I am going to be recording the game and watching it later, the wife reminded me that we have other plans tonight. Oh well, I guess that also means I am stuck listening to the Kstate announcers.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                        I guess I am going to be recording the game and watching it later, the wife reminded me that we have other plans tonight. Oh well, I guess that also means I am stuck listening to the Kstate announcers.
                        Sounds to me like you have a case of Shockeritus.....it is common among previous hard core shocker fans. Symptoms is simply anything and everything takes precedence before shocker games.

Comment

Lambert 2 run hr to get it started

Comment

I have the shocks going 10 and 9 to finish this year. Including a win today. I see them going 1 and 2 in the valley tourny.
                            although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

Originally posted by tripleshock View Post
                              I have the shocks going 10 and 9 to finish this year. Including a win today. I see them going 1 and 2 in the valley tourny.
                              A win today is a long, long way from a sure thing, especially the way we are pitching plus throw in a really dump defensive play.

On top of that the Shocks put up 6 early runs and then as the tend to do they decided to leave the bats in the rack. Neither Morman nor McGreevey have had great command.

Aaron LaBrie relieves McGreevey with the tying runs in scoring postion with 2 outs in the 6th.

Very key point in the game right here.

Comment

Working...
                              X