Never before...until now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    I guess this one didn't happen, at least not this year.

But it looks like we had another first. This is the first time that I remember a thread wasn't started for the game. I guess everyone was at the game.

Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh.....:couple_inlove:

590433-582737_567502_836_d_06923.jpg

Comment

Please, please give a Gene a lifetime contract. Would be the best thing to happen to Missouri State baseball since we went to the CWS. This is like watching the end of the Paterno story line minus the unmentionable aspect. And the most hilarious part is that if he had left in 2005 or retired in the 2-3 years after the OU deal that you could have probably made a run at winners like Sunny Golloway, Dave Serrano, or George Horton. Now you are going to have to wait for Frank Anderson to get fired at OSU or make a run at some underachiever in a power league like Ritch Price.

Comment

Really? We now have a MSU moron in here telling us the do's and don'ts of our program. That is hilarity right there. Wasn't it just a few years ago that MSU finished dead last in the Valley and got backed in to their own conference tournament because they HAD to? Is this a fan of the same program that hasn't been to the NCAA's longer than our pathetic spell has been? A fan of a program and school who prides itself on underachieving and mediocrity? I seem to recall a few years back there were a plethora of Bare fans calling for Guttin's head. Why the change of heart? Because mediocrity is the staple of Missouri State University?

How many millions of fans have been packing into the greatest stadium on Earth, that is Hammons Field, for Missouri State baseball? Anybody?

We've been to more Super Regionals over the last 5 years than you have had NCAA Tournament appearances (none).

Keep your hillbilly meth-cooking snot-staining keystrokes back in Silver Dollar City Land. And just remember that our worst year ever is still a short 2 and half games back from one of the best seasons in your program's history. That indeed is funny.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Well I have to tell you this years MSU team feels a lot like the 2003 one that went to the CWS. With our recruiting it looks like we could be entering another golden era of Bears baseball. Your program has the history advantage but you can only relive that epic 1991 win over Creighton so much. All good things must come to an end. You led the Valley for so long and pumped your chests and reminded the rest of us of our inferiority. When the worm turns you have to expect us to get our laughs in. With proper respect of course. Best of luck the rest of the way except when you visit our beautiful ballpark for the Valley Tournament.

Comment

Exactly how many years did that previous golden era last? Can you really say that 1 or 2 years is an "era"? To me it looks like a blip on the radar, flash in the pan just like your men's basketball program. Go win for 35 years or win 14 straight conference titles and then come back and talk to us about your golden era.

Comment

If you blinked you missed their "golden era".

Comment

You got that right ISASO. Their best team in their school's history didn't even win the Valley that year. Another team did.

I guess this MSU fan believes they are in the beginnings of a 30 year run as the dominant baseball program in the Midwest, a perennial Top 10 team in the nation, and an absolute domination of the Valley is in order. And don't forget about Hammons Field, home to tens and tens of Bare fans, is where the Valley will run through, all along with its sure to be decades upon decades of NCAA Regional hosting.

WSU baseball is over; MSU dominance is about to reign in again, as they did during their golden "era" - year - er, month, er- 2 weeks they had a while ago.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Despite the very loud assurances from Bears fans that WSU would never win the MVC again, never take a recruit away from the Bears ever again, never host the Valley Tournament or an NCAA post-season game ever again, it seems that the Golden Era of Bears Baseball ended the day that Hammons Field opened. I told them then that bricks and mortar do not a program make, but they would have nothing of it. Now they finally have a team that will finish above .500 in the conference and they are back with the same grandiose blather. Run along and come back when you've got 1/2 of the program WSU has built over the past 35 years.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                      Well I have to tell you this years MSU team feels a lot like the 2003 one that went to the CWS. With our recruiting it looks like we could be entering another golden era of Bears baseball. Your program has the history advantage but you can only relive that epic 1991 win over Creighton so much. All good things must come to an end. You led the Valley for so long and pumped your chests and reminded the rest of us of our inferiority. When the worm turns you have to expect us to get our laughs in. With proper respect of course. Best of luck the rest of the way except when you visit our beautiful ballpark for the Valley Tournament.
                      If you can't sweep WSU over 3 days you probably can't win 3-4 games in a regional with better teams, just saying.

Comment

I think there is more fire on this board then there is in the entire coaching staff. Maybe ShockerFever should be Gene's replacement?
                        although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                          If you can't sweep WSU over 3 days you probably can't win 3-4 games in a regional with better teams, just saying.
                          What do you expect from a barefoot inbred asshole from SWOMO to say?

**** him and the stump he rode in on.
                          An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Funny thing it is just as likely that all the swomo pitchers arms will fall off before the valley tournament and they will go 2 and Out and will miss another postseason as always.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                              Funny thing it is just as likely that all the swomo pitchers arms will fall off before the valley tournament and they will go 2 and Out and will miss another postseason as always.
                              Isn't that a tradition at swomo with all sports minus women's basketball a few years ago?

Comment

Bear fan here and sure it felt good to win the series, but that guy is an idiot. I could see the shocks in a regional this year I could also see the University of Evansville going to D2 which will happen first that is a real question.
                                Last edited by Agrinut; April 23, 2012, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X