• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never before...until now

Let's count the new lows we hit (in Gene's coaching tenure):

Never before has SWOMO/MSU won a series in Wichita...until now

Never before have I listened to less of a WSU/MSU series...until now

Next one on the list is:
    Never before has an MVC team swept WSU in a conference series (probably tomorrow, if not soon thereafter)

Possibly add swept by more than one team in the mvc in a season. Its looking that bad. This team is terrible and Gene needs to step aside.

Comment

Next season,attendence figures will drop to an all time low.Or at least a 20 year low.My family has went from 8 season tickets 3 years ago down to 2.(my wife and I)I like some of our freshmen but not that much at these ticket prices.Already seeing some of the regulars I've been sitting by for the last 15 seasons showing up less and less.

Comment

Finish with a record below .500? Think its in the cards? Might be pushing it a tad, but certainly not out of question, not having a regular starting position player with an avg. over .300
        Last edited by tripleshock; April 21, 2012, 08:11 PM.
        although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
          Next season,attendence figures will drop to an all time low.Or at least a 20 year low.My family has went from 8 season tickets 3 years ago down to 2.(my wife and I)I like some of our freshmen but not that much at these ticket prices.Already seeing some of the regulars I've been sitting by for the last 15 seasons showing up less and less.
          We'll be buying 1 seat just to keep the SASO points unless there is a coaching change.

-'85.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO View Post
            Let's count the new lows we hit (in Gene's coaching tenure):

Never before has SWOMO/MSU won a series in Wichita...until now

Never before have I listened to less of a WSU/MSU series...until now

Next one on the list is:
            Never before has an MVC team swept WSU in a conference series (probably tomorrow, if not soon thereafter)
            I didn't even know about that first point. That's pretty amazing how dominating we've been against them. And now.. that's over.

I'm with you on the whole post. Absolutely terrible. They've packed it in.

Unfortunately, me and the mrs. have been planning on going to tomorrow's game for a while now. It'll likely be our last outing at the Eck this year.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
              We'll be buying 1 seat just to keep the SASO points unless there is a coaching change.

-'85.
              See this, administration. This is from a baseball season ticket holder who has had tickets since 1988. Even the most loyal of loyals and most dedicated of dedicated have reached their limit.
              Last edited by ShockerFever; April 22, 2012, 01:24 AM.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It's probably safe to say that all the bandwagon fans acquired during the run to the Supers have gone back to their non-Shocker-baseball schedules and now we're destroying the muscle of the program - season ticket holders. How long will the atrophy be allowed to continue?

Comment

I gave my tickets up with Krusty's u-turn tour to Norman. I long to attend the games once again. It is no longer fun to even listen over Shocker Radio so I don't. MLB.com At Bat over my iPhone.
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
                    Capture.JPG

Comment

So, if I read the graph correctly, our Attendance Average for 2012 is now below what our Season Tickets were in 2008. That's AFTER home games against KU, Okie St, and 2 of 3 with league-leading MSU and a game with K St remaining. Pretty hard to spin a positive out of that.

Comment

It's probably safe to say that all the bandwagon fans acquired during the run to the Supers have gone back to their non-Shocker-baseball schedules and now we're destroying the muscle of the program - season ticket holders. How long will the atrophy be allowed to continue?
                        We have decided that this is the last year for season tickets for us.

Tickets since 1987, the slide into the abyss will continue without me.
                        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          See this, administration. This is from a baseball season ticket holder who has had tickets since 1988. Even the most loyal of loyals and most dedicated of dedicated have reached their limit.
                          Yes, it it painful reality. We hold five prime seats, but all have been used for maybe 2 or 3 games at most this season. I've gone to maybe 10 games. The upside is I've had more time for other spring-time activities and projects. Next year, I'll have an extra $800 that isn't getting wasted on baseball tickets to throw at those projects too.

Our whole section is becoming deserted. I flipped by on TV Friday and barely any of the regulars were there. If you look at SB's graph, there are about 2800 season tickets sold this season. Friday attendance was 3200 some, meaning they're getting 400-500 walkups (including students). That's pathetic.

--'85.
                          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Convergence is not a good thing...
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Next one on the list is:
                              I guess this one didn't happen, at least not this year.

But it looks like we had another first. This is the first time that I remember a thread wasn't started for the game. I guess everyone was at the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X