Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Several of the guys have left their summer assignments. Clearly summer ball isn't what it used to be.

Also added a commitment from transfer Sayer Diederich. Most recently at Southern Nevada. Spent 2 years at Nebraska with minimal stats. He may have been injured at NU because after Covid 20 and then 21 he was listed as a Freshman this spring at SN. We'll see.
    What is a Southern Nevada?

Comment

• Updated stats as of July 6th (in red if worse, in green if better) for Shocker players in the Sunflower Collegiate League vs 2 weeks ago:

Position Players:
      Alex Birge (Hutchinson Monarchs): .333 BA (6-18); 1.066 OPS; | .310 BA (13-42); 0.991 OPS
      Will Stark (Hutchinson Monarchs): .263 BA (5-19); .596 OPS | .357 BA (15-42); .828 OPS
      Sawyre Thornhill (Hutchinson Monarchs): .333 BA (1-3); 1.333 OPS; | .424 BA (14-33); 1.323 OPS
      Jackson Young (Newton Sluggin Rebels): .133 BA (2-15); .368 OPS | .167BA (5-30); .526 OPS

Pitchers:
      Nate Adler (Hutchinson Monarchs); 5.40 ERA in 6.2 innings; 1.00 WHIP; 15K / 2 BB; | 4.29 ERA in 14.2 innings; 1.23 WHIP; 26K / 4 BB;
      Grant Adler (Hutchinson Monarcs): No previous stats; 5.40 ERA in 1.2 innings; Pitched on June 8th and June 11th. May be another guy who has left his summer assignment.
      Jace Minor (Cheney Diamond Dogs): 11.11 ERA in 5.2 innings; 3.00 WHIP; 7K / 7BB | 3.56 ERA in 17.2 innings; 1.34 WHIP; 22K / 7 BB; Last pitched on June 25th.

Some early stats from the Kansas Collegiate League:

Pitchers:
      Ty Howry (Kansas Cannons): 2.25 ERA in 4 innings; 1.25 WHIP; 5K / 1BB | 6.09 ERA in 10.1 innings; 1.35 WHIP; 12K / 5BB

Comment

• Garrett Bayliff has joined the Oklahoma State baseball staff as the strength and conditioning/sports performance coach for the Cowboys.

https://okstate.com/news/2022/7/7/co...ing-staff.aspx

Cost cutting? Or just a better opportunity for Garrett?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Didn’t Bryce Harper spend a year playing there? Not saying that this kid will turn into BH, but I thought I recognized the school name.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I think they have a shared campus with Northern Arizona

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Didn’t Bryce Harper spend a year playing there? Not saying that this kid will turn into BH, but I thought I recognized the school name.
              You are correct and that fell off of my radar, along with everything else about that school.

Comment

• Small sample size so far - but rather unimpressive results.

Comment

• Watching Cooper Harris play in the California collegiate league showcase. Just had a bloop single. Bally Sports West if you have it.

Comment

• Tried to stay awake this morning (4am my time) to see who might be playing. Anyone else besides Coop on the roster?

The draft wasn't great to us, but it could have been worse. Probably can't keep Izzi or Rodden but you never know. Having Chuck back in center certainly doesn't hurt. And there's always a chance we could pick up a couple of late transfers or even a high school kid that didn't get drafted that expected to or fell further than expected.

Probably what, about 3 weeks to the start of fall practice? Something to look forward to for me at least (Lambo doesn't let me go to volleyball practice.....I understand).

Comment

Tried to stay awake this morning (4am my time) to see who might be playing. Anyone else besides Coop on the roster?

The draft wasn't great to us, but it could have been worse. Probably can't keep Izzi or Rodden but you never know. Having Chuck back in center certainly doesn't hurt. And there's always a chance we could pick up a couple of late transfers or even a high school kid that didn't get drafted that expected to or fell further than expected.

Probably what, about 3 weeks to the start of fall practice? Something to look forward to for me at least (Lambo doesn't let me go to volleyball practice.....I understand).
                      That should be part of the Volleyball Dinner. I remember the Basketball Auction having an “Assistant Coach for a Day”. Bet VB would do much better for that and costs $0.

Comment

Tried to stay awake this morning (4am my time) to see who might be playing. Anyone else besides Coop on the roster?

He was the only one I saw, which is odd because he didn't have a great summer hitting wise.

Comment

• Nate Snead commits per Twitter.

Comment

Nate Snead commits per Twitter.
                            VERY good pickup! Right on cue Doc.

Rated a 10 on Perfect Game which is "Potential very high draft pick and/or Elite level college prospect".

Listed as a RHP / OF. Class of 2022. 6'2" 195 LB from South Milwaukee, WI. Previously committed to Iowa Western CC.

Hitting 96.6 MPH from the mound.

Was projected to get drafted and took place in the pre-draft combine in early July.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/...aspx?ID=813071

https://www.prepbaseballreport.com/p...ead-4789251603

Videos:

Check out Nate's recruiting profile and video on SportsRecruits. Grad: 2022. Sport: Baseball. Committed: Wichita State University. Hometown: South Milwaukee, WI

Comment

• I expect Pelf will do wonders with this kid. Probably thought the draft was more likely but wanted juco to keep options open. Now he's here for 2 seasons at least. Mid 90s FB but still a little raw. Nevertheless, elite level talent and is going to help right away. Great recruiting work here.

Comment

• Not expecting it will happen but if Izzi can't reach a deal with the Mariners and Rodden decides to come back the outlook for the Shocks would change greatly.

Comment

Working...
                                X