Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great news!
    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Where did X end up? Did I read he might be going to a JUCO? Can someone explain to me how that happened?

Comment

• Think he’ll end up at Seminole probably. Unfortunately this one is probably going to be chalked up to outside influences.

Comment

• I guess I don’t understand what influences could make that seem like this was a good idea ? He thought he was going to find a better spot but couldn’t?

Comment

• Probably need to capitalize on the Rodden return next year. It’s getting to the make or break point.

Ecstatic that he’s coming back and hopefully that propels him into a better spot with more money next year.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Boom

Comment

• Payton Tolle pitches Foresters to the NBC Semifinals. Pitched 6 innings of shutout ball as Foresters win 8-0.

https://www.kansas.com/sports/other-...264209621.html

Comment

• JJ and I watched the mountain of a man last night. JJ turned to me and said "I think we have our Friday night starter"

Comment

• Tolle indeed looked the part last night. And MAN is correct. Dude is huge. YUGE.

I'm speculating that he will pitch almost exclusively next spring, with maybe some pinch hitting here and there.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        JJ and I watched the mountain of a man last night. JJ turned to me and said "I think we have our Friday night starter"
                        It will be interesting to see. It’s hard to give up a big lefty bat, especially a team that will be trying to figure out how to score runs more consistently.

Comment

Tolle indeed looked the part last night. And MAN is correct. Dude is huge. YUGE.

I'm speculating that he will pitch almost exclusively next spring, with maybe some pinch hitting here and there.
                          Well since my National League rolled over and now have inch hitters there is no need for PT to bat..

Comment

• In a perfect world, Austin Henry throws a little this fall and is the nasty ace his talent screams from day 1 in February. Snead becomes the hard throwing stud that everyone else wishes they had as a Friday guy and the Shocks roll out two freshman AAs to start the season. Bye continues to dominate Sundays after teams are decimated by the youngsters and Miner is the gifted lefty who never gets hit hard when we need a 4th starter. Candiotti pitches like his father, Adler eats all the innings where things are tough and Tolle becomes a valuable piece out of a loaded and fresh bullpen like Ryder Giles from East Carolina, or better yet, Darren Dreifort here.

Comment

In a perfect world, Austin Henry throws a little this fall and is the nasty ace his talent screams from day 1 in February. Snead becomes the hard throwing stud that everyone else wishes they had as a Friday guy and the Shocks roll out two freshman AAs to start the season. Bye continues to dominate Sundays after teams are decimated by the youngsters and Miner is the gifted lefty who never gets hit hard when we need a 4th starter. Candiotti pitches like his father, Adler eats all the innings where things are tough and Tolle becomes a valuable piece out of a loaded and fresh bullpen like Ryder Giles from East Carolina, or better yet, Darren Dreifort here.
                              I like most of what you said, and there is strong evidence that your predictions have weight. Bye and Tolle have shown their potential at WSU. Henry and Snead show a lot of promise in high school, as does Candiotti, and Adler with their success at the Juco Level. Except, while I know you like Miner, I haven’t seen the promise you see, yet. I hope you are right regarding his abilities.

Comment

• To be clear, that's not my prediction......it's little more than a fantasy based prayer. Last year especially was a gut punch to the nth degree on positive outlooks.

I am hopeful the program moves forward in '23. Beyond that, anything more is just folly at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X