No announcement yet.

Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice movement on his pitches. That can be just as and sometime more valuable than just velocity. That cutter that he struck him out on was pretty nasty.

Comment

• Austin Henry will come to WSU. Very highly rated recruit. #72 in his class, Perfect Game 10.

Had Tommy John this spring.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        Austin Henry will come to WSU. Very highly rated recruit. #72 in his class, Perfect Game 10.

Had Tommy John this spring.
        Minus the TJ surgery (which could be really big depending on recovery time), Austin was ranked ahead of 4th round Izzy who was #76 in that class, and another PG 10.

Comment

• It's fair to say getting one of these two onto campus is a big ****ing deal and a recruiting win.

Comment

• Comment

• Shocker players having the best summer league performances:

Pitchers:

Cape Cod League:
              Cameron Bye (Bourne Braves) : 1.08 ERA in 16.2 IP over 9 games - .230 BAA - 1.20 WHIP - 14 K's to 6 BB's

California Collegiate League:
              Payton Tolle (Santa Barbara Forresters): .303 ERA in 29.2 IP over 6 starts -.250 BAA - 1.34 WHIP - 25 K's to 10 BB's - Leads Santa Barbara in innings pitched

Northwoods League:
              Caden Favors (Wisconsin Rapid Rafters): 2.40 ERA in 15.0 IP over 4 relief appearances - .176 BAA - .080 WHIP - 15 K's to 3 BB's
              Clark Candiotti (Kenosha Kingfish): 2.70 ERA over 50.0 IP in 10 starts - .271 BAA - 1.32 WHIP - 51 K's to 15 BB's

Position Players:

Jordan Rogers (Arroyo Seco Saints): .289 BA (24-83) - .883 OPS - Has raised his BA 100 points and his OPS 219 points in the last 17 days hitting .370 (17-46) over that time period.

Sunflower Collegiate League (Not sure what quality of pitching these guys are seeing generally. The 316 Elite 18U are 0-26 and the Mulvane Patriots are 0-28. So I'm thinking there were some bum-slaying opportunities to be had):
              Sawyre Thornhill (Hutchinson Monarchs): .460 BA (29/63) - 1.272 OPS
              Will Stark (Hutchinson Monarchs): .387 BA (24-62) - .938 OPS
              Alex Birge (Hutchinson Monarchs): .357 BA (20-56) - 1.162 OPS

Most disappointing summer performance by a Shocker player to date:

Cape Cod League:
              Chuck Ingram (Chatham Anglers): .111 BA (6-54) - .348 OPS

Players Who Appear to Have Left Their Summer Assignments:
              Brock Rodden - Orleans Firebirds - Cape Cod League
              Kyte McDonald - Fon Du Lac Spiders - Northwoods League
              Matt Wilkinson - Wilmar Stingers - Northwoods League
              Grant Adler - Hutchinson Monarchs - Sunflower Collegiate League

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Not expecting it will happen but if Izzi can't reach a deal with the Mariners and Rodden decides to come back the outlook for the Shocks would change greatly.
                Any Rodden updates?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Shocker players having the best summer league performances:

Pitchers:

Cape Cod League:
                  Cameron Bye (Bourne Braves) : 1.08 ERA in 16.2 IP over 9 games - .230 BAA - 1.20 WHIP - 14 K's to 6 BB's

Payton Tolle (Santa Barbara Forresters): .303 ERA in 29.2 IP over 6 starts -.250 BAA - 1.34 WHIP - 25 K's to 10 BB's - Leads Santa Barbara in innings pitched

Northwoods League:
                  Caden Favors (Wisconsin Rapid Rafters): 2.40 ERA in 15.0 IP over 4 relief appearances - .176 BAA - .080 WHIP - 15 K's to 3 BB's
                  Clark Candiotti (Kenosha Kingfish): 2.70 ERA over 50.0 IP in 10 starts - .271 BAA - 1.32 WHIP - 51 K's to 15 BB's

Position Players:

Jordan Rogers (Arroyo Seco Saints): .289 BA (24-83) - .883 OPS - Has raised his BA 100 points and his OPS 219 points in the last 17 days hitting .370 (17-46) over that time period.

Sunflower Collegiate League (Not sure what quality of pitching these guys are seeing generally. The 316 Elite 18U are 0-26 and the Mulvane Patriots are 0-28. So I'm thinking there were some bum-slaying opportunities to be had):
                  Sawyre Thornhill (Hutchinson Monarchs): .460 BA (29/63) - 1.272 OPS
                  Will Stark (Hutchinson Monarchs): .387 BA (24-62) - .938 OPS
                  Alex Birge (Hutchinson Monarchs): .357 BA (20-56) - 1.162 OPS

Most disappointing summer performance by a Shocker player to date:

Cape Cod League:
                  Chuck Ingram (Chatham Anglers): .111 BA (6-54) - .348 OPS

Players Who Appear to Have Left Their Summer Assignments:
                  Brock Rodden - Orleans Firebirds - Cape Cod League
                  Kyte McDonald - Fon Du Lac Spiders - Northwoods League
                  Matt Wilkinson - Wilmar Stingers - Northwoods League
                  Grant Adler - Hutchinson Monarchs - Sunflower Collegiate League
                  I saw on twitter that incoming freshman catcher Sam McAleer is playing in the Ban Johnson Summer League All-Star Game at Kaufman Stadium tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatFear View Post
                    Any Rodden updates?
                    I believe today is the last day for him to sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I believe today is the last day for him to sign.
                      Can you link anything to that? I've been searching and I can't find a specific detail. Only 3 players in the top 10 rounds remain unsigned, Rodden being one of the 3.

Twitter has Patrick Dunn transferring from Houston to WSU. Little used RHP would be a junior this fall.

If I was a betting man, I'd put a little something on having a stud middle infielder returning to Tyler Field this fall. (Knock on wood)

Still expecting the Rodden decision and another transfer decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Can you link anything to that? I've been searching and I can't find a specific detail. Only 3 players in the top 10 rounds remain unsigned, Rodden being one of the 3.

Twitter has Patrick Dunn transferring from Houston to WSU. Little used RHP would be a junior this fall.

https://twitter.com/patrickdunn_/sta...63615422464001

If I was a betting man, I'd put a little something on having a stud middle infielder returning to Tyler Field this fall. (Knock on wood)

Still expecting the Rodden decision and another transfer decision.
                        If you click on the link below it says the following at the top. Looks like 4 PM today is the deadline.

Each club has until 5 p.m. ET/ 2 p.m. PT on Monday, Aug. 1, to come to terms with its Draft selections. If a player has exhausted his collegiate eligibility, he can sign at any time up until one week prior to the next year’s Draft.

Draft-and-follow picks -- high school and junior college players selected after the 10th round who attend a two-year college after the Draft -- can sign with their selecting teams for up to $250,000 up until a week prior to the following year’s Draft.
                        Below is a list of every player drafted by the Padres. Each club has until 5 p.m. ET/ 2 p.m. PT on Monday, Aug. 1, to come to terms with its Draft selections. If a player has exhausted his collegiate eligibility, he can sign at any time up until one

Comment

• Apparently from my source he texted me the team he was coming back this year

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Boom

Comment

Working...
                                X