Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Has the draft eligibility rules for MLB changed this year? Is MLB no longer requiring 3 years of college if the player doesn’t become a professional after high school? Ingram will be a 3rd year Junior (no RS) next year, and under past rules, he isn’t eligible for the draft.
    There is an age component that allows them to be drafted if 21 when the draft is held.

Also Juco players can be drafted after their sophomore year which may impact a couple of signees.

Comment

Signees Austin Henry and AJ Izzi on the list of participants in the MLB Draft Combine. Assuming Henry will not participate due to the TJ surgery. Second year for the combine, which will be here is SD at Petco Park this year.

https://www.mlb.com/prospect-develop...e/participants

Comment

Here are the details for the 2022 MLB Draft Combine

Baseball scouts, executives and even fans will soon get a closer look at some of the best players the 2022 First-Year Player Draft has to offer. Major League Baseball, in coordination with USA Baseball, announced key details announced that this year’s MLB Draft Combine will be held from June 14-20

Major League Baseball, in coordination with USA Baseball, announced key details announced that this year’s MLB Draft Combine will be held from June 14-20 at San Diego’s Petco Park. As chosen by USA Baseball and Major League organizations, 300 of the top 2022 Draft prospects will receive invites, along with 50 additional invitees.

Comment

Here's a detailed update of Austin's surgery and timetable (if posted already, my apologies). I assumed he would miss 2023, but the article references throwing by August, rehab until February 2023 when, if all goes well, he should be 100% and perhaps could be available for the season.

Dell Rapids senior, Austin Henry was gearing up for a big senior season, but a major injury has benched Henry for the 2022 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockshock View Post
            It’s wishful thinking to believe Ingram will be back. He is a lock for the draft. It’s possible Rodden gets picked up as well.
            Do we know if Chuck is draft eligible?. He has not completed his junior year of his collegiate athletic eligibility. He could still be eligible if he is 21 years old or will turn 21 within 45 days of the draft. I don't know what his date of birth is but I saw one site that lists him currently as 20 years and 10 months old. I saw another site that showed he was born in 2002. Whether or not he would turn 21 within 45 days of the draft I can't say for sure. If he is currently 20 years and 10 months old it could very well be 21 by September 2nd (45 days after July 19th, the final day of the draft), If he was born in 2002 than he would not be eligible this year.

Brock Rodden is definitely draft eligible.

The player bios on goshockers.com inlcude birth dates for some players but not all the players. Chuck's birth date is not disclosed.

And, unfortunately, with these two players the draft is the only thing we have to worry about.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 10, 2022, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Do we know if Chuck is draft eligible?. He has not completed his junior year of his collegiate athletic eligibility. He could still be eligible if he is 21 years old or will turn 21 within 45 days of the draft. I don't know what his date of birth is but I saw one site that lists him currently as 20 years and 10 months old. I saw another site that showed he was born in 2002. Whether or not he would turn 21 within 45 days of the draft I can't say for sure. If he is currently 20 years and 10 months old it could be close, If he was born in 2002 than he would not be eligible this year.

Brock Rodden is definitely draft eligible.

Comment

Can confirm Ingram meets the age requirement. He has also made it clear inside the program he is signing pretty much regardless what round he is taken in. Coaching staff is aware he will not be returning and to their credit have been very supportive of his decision.

Comment

Can confirm Ingram meets the age requirement. He has also made it clear inside the program he is signing pretty much regardless what round he is taken in. Coaching staff is aware he will not be returning and to their credit have been very supportive of his decision.
                  Thanks. Has he received some indications from MLB teams that they would take him?

Is there any sport at the collegiate level that is as messed up as baseball, in terms of trying to assemble a roster?
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 10, 2022, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Not sure how I feel about not seeing Jace Kaminska not on that list, but I assume he is resting this summer. Hopefully. Matt Boyer also not on that list. He was hurt at the end of the year, so I assume he is recovering.

We know LJ, Couper and Creighton are in the portal. Will Carpenter, Derek Shaver and Drew Miller not listed. Austin Wallace had surgery and I assume is out for 22-23.

Comment

Jace entered the portal as well and that’s why he isn’t on the list.

Comment

Appreciate the input. FWIW I do not share the certainty that you state.

Comment

Ty Howry with a nice outing last night, giving up 6 hits in a complete game. 3 walks, 4Ks, 1 earned run. The big redshirt freshman spent the spring getting better. He could be a piece next spring if he continues to develop.

Clark Candiotti has had a nice start in the Northlands (WI) league. 2-0 with a 1.13 ERA. He's playing for Kenosha with Gage Williams.
                          Last edited by WuDrWu; June 11, 2022, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dsmith View Post
                            Jace entered the portal as well and that’s why he isn’t on the list.

Yes, we've known that for 2 days. See post #42 above.

Comment

Found Kyte McDonald in the Northern League playing for the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders.

Matt Wilkinson is on the roster of the Willmar Stingers.
                              Last edited by WuDrWu; June 11, 2022, 08:46 AM.

Comment

To recap, the following are in the portal:

Kaminska, Shaver, Cornblum, Hansen, McDonough and confirmed Miller and now Will Stevens.

I hope for the best for each of these young men, but especially Will Stevens deserves to hit the lottery at least a couple of times. The young man deserves better and I hope a good turn finds him.
                                Last edited by WuDrWu; June 12, 2022, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X