No announcement yet.

Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difficult to know reasons for kids leaving. Some leave because WSU closes the door, or perhaps lowers scholarship money. Others may decide they want to leave, or perhaps get closer to home.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      Thought he carved out a good role, any idea why he left?

Comment

Shockers Begin Summer Ball Seasons

https://goshockers.com/news/2022/6/6...l-seasons.aspx

Player Name Team League Team Twitter handle
        Robert Cranz Santa Barbara Foresters California Collegiate League @SBForesters
        Payton Tolle Santa Barbara Foresters California Collegiate League @SBForesters
        Jordan Rogers Arroyo Seco Saints California Collegiate League @ArroyoSecoCCL
        Cooper Harris Arroyo Seco Saints California Collegiate League @ArroyoSecoCCL
        Cameron Bye Bourne Braves Cape Cod League @BourneBraves
        Chuck Ingram Chatham Anglers Cape Cod League @ChathamAnglers
        Brock Rodden Orleans Firebirds Cape Cod League @FirebirdsCCBL
        Ty Howry Kansas Cannons Kansas Collegiate League @CannonsBSB
        Will Stevens State College Spikes MLB Draft League @SCSpikes
        Xavier Casserilla..... La Crosse Loggers Northwoods League @LoggersBaseball
        Gage Williams Kenosha Kingfish Northwoods League @KenoshaKingfish
        Caden Favors Wisconsin Rapids Rafters...... Northwoods League @RapidsRafters
        Seth Stroh Wisconsin Rapids Rafters Northwoods League @RapidsRafters
        Alex Birge Hutchinson Monarchs Sunflower Collegiate League...... @Hutch_Monarchs
        Jace Miner Cheney Diamond Dawgs Sunflower Collegiate League @DawgsCheney
        Will Stark Hutchinson Monarchs Sunflower Collegiate League @Hutch_Monarchs
        Sawyre Thornhill Hutchinson Monarchs Sunflower Collegiate League @Hutch_Monarchs
        Jackson Young Newton Slugging Rebels Sunflower Collegiate League @SlugginRebels
        Nate Adler Hutchinson Monarchs Sunflower Collegiate League @Hutch_Monarchs

Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 7, 2022, 02:30 PM.

Comment

What is the MLB Draft League?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
            What is the MLB Draft League?
            MLB continues minor-league overhaul with new draft league and repurposing of Pioneer League (11/30/2020)

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...%28Phillies%29

The so-called "MLB Draft League" will afford a summer-league opportunity to draft-eligible players hoping to improve their stock. The Draft League intends to field six teams who play a 68-game season in locations throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and New Jersey. MLB's sales pitch to prospects notes that they'll receive "unprecedented visibility to MLB Club scouts through both in-person observation and state-of-the-art scouting technology, and educational programming designed to prepare them for careers as professional athletes."

The Draft League's creation comes months after MLB repurposed the Appalachian League into a wooden-bat league for collegiate freshmen and sophomores, or individuals who aren't yet eligible for the draft. It's also the latest step in MLB's quest to control every aspect of American baseball, from the majors on down. MLB cut more than 40 affiliated minor-league teams following the 2020 season.

Here's a list of the five teams currently in the draft league as well as their former MLB affiliates:
            • Mahoning Valley Scrappers (Cleveland)
            • State College Spikes (Cardinals)
            • Trenton Thunder (Yankees)
            • West Virginia Black Bears (Pirates)
            • Williamsport Crosscutters (Phillies)

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

MLB continues minor-league overhaul with new draft league and repurposing of Pioneer League (11/30/2020)

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...%28Phillies%29

The so-called "MLB Draft League" will afford a summer-league opportunity to draft-eligible players hoping to improve their stock. The Draft League intends to field six teams who play a 68-game season in locations throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and New Jersey. MLB's sales pitch to prospects notes that they'll receive "unprecedented visibility to MLB Club scouts through both in-person observation and state-of-the-art scouting technology, and educational programming designed to prepare them for careers as professional athletes."

The Draft League's creation comes months after MLB repurposed the Appalachian League into a wooden-bat league for collegiate freshmen and sophomores, or individuals who aren't yet eligible for the draft. It's also the latest step in MLB's quest to control every aspect of American baseball, from the majors on down. MLB cut more than 40 affiliated minor-league teams following the 2020 season.

Here's a list of the five teams currently in the draft league as well as their former MLB affiliates:
              • Mahoning Valley Scrappers (Cleveland)
              • State College Spikes (Cardinals)
              • Trenton Thunder (Yankees)
              • West Virginia Black Bears (Pirates)
              • Williamsport Crosscutters (Phillies)
              Sounds like a good idea and good opportunity.

Comment

Not sure how I feel about not seeing Jace Kaminska not on that list, but I assume he is resting this summer. Hopefully. Matt Boyer also not on that list. He was hurt at the end of the year, so I assume he is recovering.

We know LJ, Couper and Creighton are in the portal. Will Carpenter, Derek Shaver and Drew Miller not listed. Austin Wallace had surgery and I assume is out for 22-23.

Comment

To me at least we have draft concerns here:

(I'm not going to detail anything, but you have to accept that crooked programs with win at all cost coaches like Arkansas will be a problem forever in the NIL era for ANY really good returning player).

Brock Rodden tops the list.

Also everyone in the Cape Cod league is a danger. People pay attention. Brock and Chuck are my 2 biggest concerns. Cam was hot early but that's cooled off.

Ashton Izzi is a major league stud.

Sam McAleer as well.

I'm sure there are a couple more but these are the problem areas. Don't want to lose any of them, obviously.
                  Last edited by WuDrWu; June 7, 2022, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    Sorry to see him go he is very good kid, we sat with him at the first pitch banquet when he was a freshman, he assured me then that he could hit a D-1 curveball.
                    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      To me at least we have draft concerns here:

(I'm not going to detail anything, but you have to accept that crooked programs with win at all cost coaches like Arkansas will be a problem forever in the NIL era for ANY really good returning player).

Brock Rodden tops the list.

Also everyone in the Cape Cod league is a danger. People pay attention. Brock and Chuck are my 2 biggest concerns. Cam was hot early but that's cooled off.

Ashton Izzi is a major league stud.

Sam McAleer as well.

I'm sure there are a couple more but these are the problem areas. Don't want to lose any of them, obviously.
                      Bye has lots of eyes on him. Don’t be fooled. Rodden and Ingram as well. Douche Van Horn is well aware. Their whole program is aware of all the players in all sports at Wichita State.

Wade, RCIV, Slavens, Pliemann.

They don’t even try to hide it.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Not sure how I feel about not seeing Jace Kaminska not on that list, but I assume he is resting this summer. Hopefully. Matt Boyer also not on that list. He was hurt at the end of the year, so I assume he is recovering.

We know LJ, Couper and Creighton are in the portal. Will Carpenter, Derek Shaver and Drew Miller not listed. Austin Wallace had surgery and I assume is out for 22-23.
                        D1 Baseball confirms Drew Miller and Derek Shaver are both in the portal. Both really nice young men, wish the both of them success wherever they end up.

More to come.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                            Ugh not good, I don’t care if he had an off year.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Ugh not good, I don’t care if he had an off year.
                              Completely agree. Bad all around.

Comment

Wonder what what was behind that move by Jace? Could be a lot of things. Clearly he wasn't nearly as good this past season as he was his freshman year.

Comment

Working...
                                X