No announcement yet.

Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another year where selection day goes by and no WSU any where in site. I long for the days when it was a forgone conclusion. Coming up on 10 years since the Shox have even made the tournament and over 25 years since the last CWS appearance!! Let that sink in...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      Yet another year where selection day goes by and no WSU any where in site. I long for the days when it was a forgone conclusion. Coming up on 10 years since the Shox have even made the tournament and over 25 years since the last CWS appearance!! Let that sink in...
      It almost makes me queasy.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

On a sort of related subject, I didn’t realize until a couple of days ago Kennie Steenstra’s son played for Tennessee.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          On a sort of related subject, I didn’t realize until a couple of days ago Kennie Steenstra’s son played for Tennessee.
          Yep. His mom was a pretty good track athlete as well at WSU.

That Tennessee team this year is phenomenal. They won like 32 of their first 33 games or something crazy like that and ended the year with only 7 losses.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Yep. His mom was a pretty good track athlete as well at WSU.

That Tennessee team this year is phenomenal. They won like 32 of their first 33 games or something crazy like that and ended the year with only 7 losses.
            Not sure I even wanted to know this this. Why you may ask?

Both parents are in the WSU Sports Hall of Fame

They live in Liberty, MO

He went to Cowley County for one year. All conference player selection with Cowley playing in the NJCCA Division I World Series.

While he is basically not a starter in his 2 seasons at Tennesse, he did hit .302 this year with a .434 OB% and zero errors in the field.

He has been nominated for the SEC's H. Boyd McWhorter Scholar-Athlete Post-Graduate Scholarship.

Hopefully, the educational choice played a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

They live in Liberty, MO

He went to Cowley County for one year. All conference player selection with Cowley playing in the NJCCA Division I World Series.

While he is basically not a starter in his 2 seasons at Tennesse, he did hit .302 this year with a .434 OB% and zero errors in the field.

He has been nominated for the SEC's H. Boyd McWhorter Scholar-Athlete Post-Graduate Scholarship.

He did graduate and has one year of eligibility so we can only hope although it sounds like he could be getting a full ride there next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

They live in Liberty, MO

Not being a starter on that team is nothing to be ashamed of. Lol. That team is STACKED! Would probably be a starter and/or every day player just about anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

It almost makes me queasy.
                  But this does make me feel better...

Comment

That's spanish for 3 point yes!
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

But this does make me feel better...

Damn school and their upside down 2's

Comment

12-1 with a 3.18 ERA. 78 K's, 15 walks in 82 innings this season so far.

Comment

12-1 with a 3.18 ERA. 78 K's, 15 walks in 82 innings this season so far.

https://cowleytigers.com/sports/bsb/...ler_grant_sizt
                          Is Grant any relation to Shocker Baseball Pitcher Nate Adler?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Is Grant any relation to Shocker Baseball Pitcher Nate Adler?
                            Yes, cousins I believe.

Comment

Comment

Great kid and amazing parents. Hate to see him go but I'll be happy knowing he's playing every day somewhere and wish him the very best and all the successes.

Probably will see 2-4 more departures then we sweat the draft before next year's team starts to take shape.

Comment

Working...
                                X