Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Is the game on ESPN+?
    Watch the Wichita State vs. South Florida (Baseball) live from %{channel} on Watch ESPN. Live stream on Thursday, May 19, 2022.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Have we already given up? Why in the world would you put Jones out there?
      I'm guessing they don't want to overtax the pitchers they think they will need next week and Jones and Adler were put in to eat some innings. With the Shocks bats going into hibernation after the 5th inning that probably was for the best.

Nothing confidence building about this game. Kaminska needs to be much better. This wasn't a great pre-tournament tune-up for him. But the Shocks are now 1-19 on the season when they have scored 3 or fewer runs so the bats need to get going as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I'm guessing they don't want to overtax the pitchers they think they will need next week and Jones and Adler were put in to eat some innings. With the Shocks bats going into hibernation after the 5th inning that probably was for the best.

Nothing confidence building about this game. Kaminska needs to be much better. This wasn't a great pre-tournament tune-up for him. But the Shocks are now 1-19 on the season when they have scored 3 or fewer runs so the bats need to get going as well.
        So they’re giving up this series for next week. Got it.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

So they’re giving up this series for next week. Got it.
          If this was the 3rd game in a series tied at 1-1 I think you could make that case. Whether or not they have given up the series at this point remains to be seen. However, next week certainly has to be on the coaching staff's mind in how they approach things on the mound in this series. I certainly don't expect any of our "key" pitchers to overly stressed in this series.

But if the Shocks don't score more than 3 runs our chances of winning are about 5% based on this year's performances.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 19, 2022, 04:43 PM.

Comment

No idea what HCEW will do next week with his pitching but I think he should seriously consider going with our hottest pitcher to start Game 1 next Tuesday and let him go as far as he can.

That would be lefty Caden Favors. Over his last 7 appearances covering 19 innings Caden has allowed 2 runs (1 earned run) on 10 hits while walking only 2 and striking out 14. That's an ERA of 0.47 and a WHIP of .0.63. I probably follow with Cameron Bye and Payton Tolle (if we get past 2 games) and then use Jace Kaminska in a 4th game (if we make in that far).

Comment

We got 'em right where we want 'em! Remember in Rocky III when Rocky was letting Clubber get over confident and slug the $%*t out of him? That's us!1
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                We got 'em right where we want 'em! Remember in Rocky III when Rocky was letting Clubber get over confident and slug the $%*t out of him? That's us!1
                Well, you are right in that we certainly didn't do much slugging today. But Clubber was the World Champion in that fight.. USF was sitting in 8th (last) place coming into this series so unlikely they have anything to be overconfident about.

I do think the Shocks should be motivated to try to hold on to 6th place for AAC Tournament seeding purposes.

Comment

Today's AAC Scores:

Cincy 10 @ UCF 15
                  Cincy 15 @ UCF 5

Houston 4 @ ECU 8

Memphis 11 @ Tulane 3

WSU 3 @ USF 8

At this point the Shocks and Memphis are tied for 6th place at 8-14, two games behind Tulane.

USF is in last place at 7-15, one game behind the Shocks and Memphis.

So the Shocks can finish anywhere from 6th to 8th depending on how the next 2 games go.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 20, 2022, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Today's AAC Scores:

Cincy 10 @ USF 15
                    Cincy 15 @ USF 5

Houston 4 @ ECU 8

Memphis 11 @ Tulane 3

WSU 3 @ USF 8

At this point the Shocks and Memphis are tied for 6th place at 8-14, two games behind Tulane.

USF is in last place at 7-15, one game behind the Shocks and Memphis.

So the Shocks can finish anywhere from 6th to 8th depending on how the next 2 games go.
                    You have to be impressed by USF splitting a doubleheader with Cincinnati and then beating us in the third game of the day!

Comment

USF deserves to get run ruled today.

And I say that as someone who has always enjoyed my time here and respects how they run things.

Not today. Go Shocks.

That being said, we should have played 2 yesterday. I don’t see how we’re getting in the game today with the weather. I’ve been plenty wrong before in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

You have to be impressed by USF splitting a doubleheader with Cincinnati and then beating us in the third game of the day!
                        That was impressive wasn't it.

Comment

Was today's game rained out and double header tomorrow?

Comment

No game today. They are going to try to play a DH tomorrow beginning at 8:00 am CT.

Comment

No game today. They are going to try to play a DH tomorrow beginning at 8:00 am CT.
                              Muchos gracias senor.

Comment

Has it even rained since this morning? Do they not have anything better than a little league drainage system there?

Seems to have been a waste to just call it a day at 10:00am.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X