No announcement yet.

Shox vs Texas A&M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here’s a picture of the crowd last night. Seemed better in person to be honest.

Comment

Can we beat up on a NAIA team as a makeup so some of our younger guys can get confidence? Gene was a master of working a few of those in.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        I was told by event staff that they will do everything to play the A&M game. There was a big crowd last night and they want that again.

But they also have Iowa v Wash State at noon and 10 minutes ago that game was still on. If they play that game, I don’t see how ours could start before say 5, maybe 430, but they said they would try, I just don’t see it. I’m packed , fwiw, just waiting to hear it’s canceled so I can head home today. I’d love to be wrong.
        Don't be in a hurry, it's freakin' cold here again.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Can we beat up on a NAIA team as a makeup so some of our younger guys can get confidence? Gene was a master of working a few of those in.
          A few? Like maybe a few hundred over the years. Of course, that was back when they played 80+ game regular season schedules and they played a lot more actual games and practiced a lot less. But there are a lot of things that have changed since those glory years and I really don't see a return to those wonder years, at least not on a consistent basis, regardless of who is running the program.

Not sure that beating up on all of those teams is what gave Gene's teams confidence. I think the fact that they were very talented players who disliked losing is what gave then their confidence and swagger. Plus we had deep and talented pitching staffs.

i suppose this begs the question about what are reasonable expectiations for Shocker baseball. Or for that matter the Wichita State athletic program as a whole especially in few of the coming remake of the AAC. Perhaps a topic we can take up this summer when nothing is going on.

Comment

Iowa's been watching our early games too much. Walked the 1st batter on 4 pitches. WP him to 2nd. Next guy singles him in. He get's WP'd to 2nd. Singled in. 2-0, nobody out, pitch count around 20+. Looks like a long day. Drizzly but sun peaking out in spots. Playable now, but past 4 looks like solid rain and T Storms.

Comment

Looked for you at the hoops game...you still have seats in same spot?

Comment

Forecast keeps improving.

Comment

It is getting better. Sun's out and doesn't feel as humid. Wazzu survived, barely an awful 6th. Leading 3-0, they gave Iowa 3 walks, a HBP, 2 doubles, and it was 4-3 Iowa, no out and 2 on. Iowa got nothing else. 4-3 after 6. Hoping they are looking at moving the game up... but I can't get anyone at the yard to talk.

molly jabali check PM.

Comment

They have taken rain completely out of the forecast until after 9:00. Looks like we’re gonna get it in. Only bad news it’ll be getting considerably cooler from about 6:00 on. Still in the mid to upper 50s though.
                    Last edited by ShockerFever; March 6, 2022, 04:02 PM.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I agree although it's hard to believe there won't be showers somewhere, I do think we can get the game in now. That's good. Glad I brought a jacket for later. Thought it was a bad choice at noon.

Enjoy the game guys.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I agree although it's hard to believe there won't be showers somewhere, I do think we can get the game in now. That's good. Glad I brought a jacket for later. Thought it was a bad choice at noon.

Enjoy the game guys.
                        You as well, Doc. It’s good to have you back here talking baseball.

Comment

Ice storm here, Doc...stay another night...

Comment

Wait, what start time are we looking at? As scheduled?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                              Ice storm here, Doc...stay another night...
                              Kind of sleet storm at least at my location. So far have had 2 episodes. One about an 90 minute ago or so and another one that lasted a bit longer just finished up. Not sure I have seen anything exactly like that.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 6, 2022, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Sitting in a bar across from the park talking baseball with An Aggie. Nice guy followed our program when he was a kid. Most of these people are really gracious about our program. Met Ingrams dad yesterday. Nice guy. Played at UNO and played professionally after that. I don’t seek these people out but by the same token they seem readily available to talk about their kids. We as fans should remember that our student athletes are still kids away from home and we should treat them as such. I do so enjoy road trips. Go Shocks

Comment

Working...
                                X