No announcement yet.

Purdue rpi currently #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW- Just got another email and Friday's game against Purdue has been moved up to 5pm so it won't conflict with the Shocker women playing in the WNIT. All of these time changes are bound to confuse fans and affect the crowd.

Comment

As I said you are a true diehard Shocker baseball fan.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
        BTW- Just got another email and Friday's game against Purdue has been moved up to 5pm so it won't conflict with the Shocker women playing in the WNIT. All of these time changes are bound to confuse fans and affect the crowd.
        It'll affect the crowd...I should be able to attend now, wouldn't have with the original time...

Comment

That one surprises me a bit. I would expect most Shocker baseball fans to head home and watch March Madness. Not sure this will have much if any impact on the Women's NIT game and could hurt attendance at the baseball game. BTW, the WNIT game is at 7:00 so that will have to be a briskly played baseball game not to overlap the basketball game.

I like it that the Ladies were invited to the WNIT but I'm not expecting a real big crowd for ORU with everything else going on.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            That one surprises me a bit. I would expect most Shocker baseball fans to head home and watch March Madness. Not sure this will have much if any impact on the Women's NIT game and could hurt attendance at the baseball game. BTW, the WNIT game is at 7:00 so that will have to be a briskly played baseball game not to overlap the basketball game.

I like it that the Ladies were invited to the WNIT but I'm not expecting a real big crowd for ORU with everything else going on.
            Yeah that was my point. I can see doing it for the Portland regional on Thursday. Just about everyone is going to want to watch that game. I doubt if there is more than a handful of baseball fans on Friday that will go to the WNIT game.

Now it could also be a logistics problem for the athletic dept. Trying to do 2 events at once does press the staff. By starting the baseball game at 5, many of the staff can leave before the baseball game is over and move over to Koch arena to help staff that event.

Also I don't know if it has changed but I know there used to be just one system to run both the video board at the baseball game and the video board at Koch.

Comment

Yeah that was my point. I can see doing it for the Portland regional on Thursday. Just about everyone is going to want to watch that game. I doubt if there is more than a handful of baseball fans on Friday that will go to the WNIT game.

Now it could also be a logistics problem for the athletic dept. Trying to do 2 events at once does press the staff. By starting the baseball game at 5, many of the staff can leave before the baseball game is over and move over to Koch arena to help staff that event.

Also I don't know if it has changed but I know there used to be just one system to run both the video board at the baseball game and the video board at Koch.
              Actually it is very possible this game change was made at Purdue's request. Purdue's men's basketball team plays St. Mary's Friday evening at 7:30 in Omaha. Could be their baseball team wants to catch the game. Since we changed up for our men's team could hardly not accomodate the Boilermakers.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 13, 2012, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Actually it is very possible this game change was made at Purdue's request. Purdue's men's basketball team plays St. Mary's Friday evening at 7:30 in Omaha. Could be their baseball team wants to catch the game. Since we changed up for our men's team could hardly not accomodate the Boilermakers.
                The email from the athletic dept. says it is specifically for the WNIT game. I have copied & pasted it below:

Dear Loyal Shocker Baseball Fan,

The baseball game on Friday, March 16 between Wichita State and No. 24 Purdue has been changed to a 5 p.m. start time.

The game was originally scheduled for 6:30 p.m., but was changed to accommodate the Women’s NIT game vs. Oral Roberts, which starts at 7:05 p.m. on Friday.

The first 500 people with a baseball ticket from Friday’s game will receive a free ticket to Friday night’s WNIT game.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Go Shockers!

-----------------------------------------
                Shocker Athletics Ticket Office
                Phone: (316) 978-3267

Comment

Ok. Clearly they are trying to drum up some attendance for the WNIT game. I suppose that is understandable. Although I'm not sure how much impact it will have.

Comment

My original plans until the time change was to watch the first few minutes of the basketball game and then record the rest of it to watch after I got home from the baseball game. I am not going to miss a home baseball game against Purdue for a basketball game. Even if the basketball game is in the ncaa tournament.
                    You're a strange one..

Still feel the same way after another ORU drubbing?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      You're a strange one..

Still feel the same way after another ORU drubbing?
                      Of Course. It was just one game. We already drubbed them in Tulsa this year. Most years I have watched Shocker baseball we lose to ORU. They have really been a tough game for WSU forever.

Comment

Ok. Clearly they are trying to drum up some attendance for the WNIT game. I suppose that is understandable. Although I'm not sure how much impact it will have.
                        They must treat them equal, period.

If you move the baseball you have to move the softball.

I have a friend that used to supply sunflower seeds to Shocker baseball, the softball team found out about it and they had to split the gift each time, he could not just supply them to baseball only.
                        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Title IX covers sunflower seeds too? What a joke.

Comment

Mitch Mormann looked great in the first inning. After 1 full inning 0-0.

Comment

3rd to first move almost worked in the top of the 2nd. Purdue opens with a double and gets 2 more singles but fails to score. Still 0-0 going to the bottom of the 2nd.

Comment

Shox took the lead 1-0 in the second on a homer by Don Lambert. Purdue after going down in order in the third come back to score 2 runs in the 4th to take a 2-1 lead. Shox coming up to bat in the 4th. Bayliff, Coy and Gillaspie coming up to bat for the Shox.

Comment

Working...
                                X