No announcement yet.

Shox vs Tulane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough loss...they didn't outhit us too badly, their's just traveled a lot further.

Hopefully we can win the rubber match tomorrow to cap off a nice week.

Comment

Tough game for the Shox. Minnis pitched well except for 1 inning (and really 1 batter). Dogget did his job in the leadoff going 2-3 for with 2 walks, but 3-4-5 in the lineup were 0-9.

Shox need to come out and find a way to win tomorrow to keep this homestand rolling along.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
        Sure thing.

They seem like a slightly better version of us- good pitching, bad hitting. Been that way for a half dozen years or so...ever since they had those killer teams with Bogusevic.
        Their hitting is far from bad (at least this season) they are in the ncaa top 25 in several offensive categories. They are a very good hitting team this year (not so much against our pitchers though).

I'm hoping our pitching can stop them tomorrow and we can take 2 games from them.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
          Their hitting is far from bad (at least this season) they are in the ncaa top 25 in several offensive categories. They are a very good hitting team this year (not so much against our pitchers though).
          They're putting up 5.7 runs per game through 15 games. Maybe above average, but still pretty pedestrian.

I'll be thrilled if we take 2 out of 3 from these guys. They are a nice team that will be probably fall somewhere between 25-75 in the RPI at the end of the year. But let's not pretend that they're LSU or Fullerton.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            Uh-oh -- big day for the gloom pumpers: this year's Shocks have never lost just one in a row; it's always three. Let the panic begin!
            Maybe you should have just kept your mouth closed.

That was the classic Watcher Jinx right there. Props.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

They're putting up 5.7 runs per game through 15 games. Maybe above average, but still pretty pedestrian.
              If WSU was scoring 5.7 runs per game I would be happy instead of the 3.2 average (not counting ND games).

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                If WSU was scoring 5.7 runs per game I would be happy instead of the 3.2 average (not counting ND games).
                As would I.

Their 5.7, however, includes a homestand against Siena.

Comment

As would I.

Their 5.7, however, includes a homestand against Siena.
                  Siena is not a ND (who was a glorified HS team) they are more like lover tier MVC team. Tulane avg 6 runs against a Alabama that was expected to be a top 50 team and put 7 up on WSU.

Comment

Siena is 1-12. They are likely one of the worst 50 teams in the country.

But really, who cares. My initial point was to dispute a claim that Tulane is a CWS team this season. I think they will be lucky to sniff a regional.

That said, I hope we smoke them tomorrow and they go on to win 50 regular season games and prove me wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                      Siena is 1-12. They are likely one of the worst 50 teams in the country.

But really, who cares. My initial point was to dispute a claim that Tulane is a CWS team this season. I think they will be lucky to sniff a regional.

That said, I hope we smoke them tomorrow and they go on to win 50 regular season games and prove me wrong.
                      Didn't this time last year when Tulane took 2 of 3 from us, we all agreed they were a NCAA post-season team? Yet, they finished 31-26. It wasn't that Tulane was good, it was that WSU was that bad. With that said, Tulane is an improved team this year - CWS material - probably not. And what about us? Are we better than last year?

Comment

• Shox take the early lead in the third game scoring 1 run on 2 hits and a sacrifice in the bottom of the first. After 1 complete inning Shox 1, Tulane 0.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          Siena is not a ND (who was a glorified HS team) they are more like lover tier MVC team. Tulane avg 6 runs against a Alabama that was expected to be a top 50 team and put 7 up on WSU.
                          While I agree UND is not a very good team, they beat Ku in Lawrence on Wednesday 12-9. They split two games with the Jayhawks, it was their first two games since playing the Shox.

Comment

• Sounds like Casey missed his second bomb by an eyelash. Glad to see him getting good swings.

Comment

• Smith pitches out of a little jam in the top of the 2nd. Still 1-0 Shox.

Comment

• Shox strand 2 in the second. After 2 complete Shox still lead 1-0.

Comment

Working...
                                X