Shox vs Tulane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    A bit too early in the year to be proclaiming "disaster averted". Probably the same reason you didn't speak up and say "we're gonna have a great season" after an 0-3 start. I didn't see you anywhere then.
    Fever - I agree with you that it is too early to proclaim anything, but just as WSUwatcher wasn't claiming we would have a great season after on 0-3 start I don't see very many of the "sky is falling" group on here proclaiming how we good we have looked after winning 4 straight against good competition. Teams that won @ OU and @ Texas before we swept them...

It was one close win against a good team. We need to get another one today and then maybe this teams confidence will start growing. Too early for optimism and too early to say the end is near. I do agree 100% with ShockTalk that Gene needs to look to the future and bring in someone young and start grooming them. Does Gene or ADES have a 5 year plan?

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
      After 4 straight wins, I am certainly feeling a lot better about this season. The pitching continues to be very good even against good competition. The defense seems better than last year. And the hitting is coming around. I really like the execution over the last few games to bring runners home at key points in the game.

If the pitching continues strong, the defense continues strong and the hitting continues to improve this could be a very good season.

We have lots of games left to see how it all unfolds. Right now I remain cautiously optimistic.
      I agree that caution is the right attitude. It's early, and there's still plenty of time for things to go wrong. But that's three straight wins against pretty good opposition, which most would not have expected a week ago. And it's nice to see someone be cautiously optimistic, as opposed to cautiously pessimistic -- or, as is more typical from some around here, incautiously apocalyptic. By the way, I also believe, ShockTalk does, that some new blood (or fresh attitudes) would be a good idea.

Comment

It's never too early for a little optimism. Give these guys a chance to do something instead of jumping all over them in the first two weeks of the season. #fansspoiledbyhistory

Comment

Minnis getting worked over with two outs.

Bats totally anemic so far.

May be a good day to watch women's basketball.
          Last edited by shoxlax; March 10, 2012, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Tulane's hitters damn near impossible to strike out.

Comment

4-2, 8th inning, Shox down but making a bit of noise

Comment

Bayliff strikes out with Casey on 3rd... end of the 8th.

Comment

well that will do it.... 2 homers in the top of the 9th.... 7-2 them.

Comment

McGreevy serving up batting practice.

Comment

Tulane seems to have no problem with the new bats.

Comment

Tulane is at least a super regional team, maybe CWS caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          Tulane is at least a super regional team, maybe CWS caliber.
                          Let's not get carried away.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                            Let's not get carried away.
                            Not just basing it on today's game. Friendly wager?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              Not just basing it on today's game. Friendly wager?
                              Sure thing.

They seem like a slightly better version of us- good pitching, bad hitting. Been that way for a half dozen years or so...ever since they had those killer teams with Bogusevic.

Comment

Uh-oh -- big day for the gloom pumpers: this year's Shocks have never lost just one in a row; it's always three. Let the panic begin!

Comment

Working...
                                X