• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the updates guys!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Nice work Shocks.

Missed a couple of opportunities to score more, but great job by the pitching staff.

Huge hit for Casey. Seems like he has Tulane's attention.

Comment

Great game

Comment

Great game. Tulane will test our pitching staff. They have some very good hitters. Passed today. Let's keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            A little bit of bad luck cost us scoring that run. Lambert's grounder up the middle probably gets through if not deflected by the pitcher to the 2nd baseman.
            Yeah I was thinking that when it happened. I thought how lucky could the Waves get on that play (or WSU unlucky). I am glad we didn't end up needing another run.

Comment

With sundats forcast,is there any chance we play 2 tomorrow.I really hope we can get all 3 in this weekend.It's fun watching the Shox play quality teams like Tulane.

Comment

Weather great, pitching better than good, defense better than good hitting good enough. I had a great time at the Eck today. Good win go for another tomorrow.
                First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

"With sundats forcast,is there any chance we play 2 tomorrow.I really hope we can get all 3 in this weekend.It's fun watching the Shox play quality teams like Tulane.

That probably wouldn't be a bad idea. I am hoping the weather forecast changes for Sunday. A nice sunny day (at least from 1 to 4) would be great!

Comment

Nice day at the ballpark. It was a lot of fun. Our pitchers pitched great. Cale reminded me of last year (putting a guy or two on base first before bearing down and shutting them down). Our defense was excellent and we came through with enough timely hitting to win the game.

I loved seeing Casey get that home run. He chose the deepest part of the park to do it in and it barely got over, but it did! I have a feeling it was the first of many that he is going to hit.

Comment

Pardon me for pumping sunshine, but is it possible that for WSU baseball, unlike three weeks ago, (a) disaster is NOT right around the corner after all, (b) the sky is not falling, (c) the program is not crumbling before our very eyes, and (d) choose your own time-worn metaphor of catastrophe that isn't happening?

Comment

After 4 straight wins, I am certainly feeling a lot better about this season. The pitching continues to be very good even against good competition. The defense seems better than last year. And the hitting is coming around. I really like the execution over the last few games to bring runners home at key points in the game.

If the pitching continues strong, the defense continues strong and the hitting continues to improve this could be a very good season.

We have lots of games left to see how it all unfolds. Right now I remain cautiously optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          Pardon me for pumping sunshine, but is it possible that for WSU baseball, unlike three weeks ago, (a) disaster is NOT right around the corner after all, (b) the sky is not falling, (c) the program is not crumbling before our very eyes, and (d) choose your own time-worn metaphor of catastrophe that isn't happening?
                          A bit too early in the year to be proclaiming "disaster averted". Probably the same reason you didn't speak up and say "we're gonna have a great season" after an 0-3 start. I didn't see you anywhere then.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Yup, I've done my share of critizism, this year and a few years past. However, believe me, I'm as happy as anyone that things certainly look a lot better now than earlier. Particularly happy for the our young men.

This program will have a better chance of improvement and future success if we don't fall off the cliff. However, I also agree with '89 that I'll remain cautious (don't know that I'm to the point of optimistic yet).

Nevertheless, this program, starting this year, needs to start improving over the last few years and continue to improve each year. Continuing the same level of ball, even this year, will only dig a deeper hole. I still firmly believe that Gene must look to the future of this program, bringing in new, younger energy. One who will be the future of this program and add to what Gene has built over his career.

Comment

The key is in finding hot hands (bats) and staying with them. There is a lot of depth in certain positions and hopefully the caoches have a good feel for who should play on a given day. Pitching is the key (as usual) for the Shox. They have to keep the runs down and stay in contact with whomever they are playing. I don't see this team being able to come up with 8-9 runs on a regular basis.

There's hope... :)

Comment

With this offense it's a very thin line between winning streaks and losing streaks. I think the pitching staff has all the talent and depth needed to make a serious run. Problem is the offense is lacking and that puts a lot of pressure on that staff. The defense this year is much improved, that alone would have gotten the shox into post season last year. I can think of several games that errors on routine plays cost them a game last year. This year they seem to be able to field and throw on a much more consistent basis.

Comment

Working...
                                X