No announcement yet.

Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawaii batter bunts a base runner to 2nd. I must have dosed off, because I didn't hear how the runner got to first, but anyway they sacrificed him over to 2nd. La Brie strikes out the next batter. So now there are 2 outs, with a runner at second.

Comment

After getting the strike out, Gene comes out and is making a pitching change. There are 2 outs, a runner at 2nd, the score is Hawaii 6, Shox 3.

Comment

Foster Vielock comes in to pitch. He is the fourth Shocker pitcher to pitch tonight.

Comment

Foster walks the first guy he faces. Hawaii now has runners on first and second with 2 outs.

Comment

Foster gets the ground out to end the inning. Going to the ninth, Hawaii 6, Shox 3.

Comment

Bayliff, Coy and Gillespie are due up in the ninth.

Comment

Bayliff swings at the first pitch but flies out. Bayliff finishes the game 1 for 4. Coy is coming to bat. He is 2 for 3 tonight so far and is batting .500 for the season.

Comment

Coy grounds out. Johnny finishes the night 2 for 4. Shox down to their last out. Casey Gillespie up to bat.

Comment

Casey grounds out to short. He finishes the game 1 for 4. Final Score: Hawaii 6, Shocks 3

Comment

Hawaii had 13 hits, the Shox had 10 hits but only managed to score 3 runs.

Comment

Difference is wsu walked 5, hit one and committed 2 errors.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                          The Shox have had a hit in every inning but every runner has been erased. This is very wierd.
                          It was very unusual. But if that is happening that consistently then perhaps a lack of execution is at play.

Comment

I think that comes back on the hitting coach...

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                              I think that comes back on the hitting coach...
                              I don't buy into the hitting coach excuse. These guys are either hitters or they are not. What I think is this program can't draw the quality (and quantity) of hitters to the program it once could. And that is on gene and JT - recruiting.
                              Last edited by SB Shock; March 2, 2012, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                                I don't buy into the hitting coach excuse. These guys are either hitters or they are not. What I think is this program can't draw the quality (and quantity) of hitters to the program it once could. And that is on gene and JT - recruiting.

Then why does every club in pro ball have a hitting coach, rookie league on up. A hitting coach, just like any other coach should continue to make these kids better. The pitching is better than high school (probably with help from a pitching coach) and they need to keep up.

Comment

Working...
                                X