No announcement yet.

AAC Conference Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USF built a 7-1 lead then survived a UCF comeback to grab the auto bid 8-7. Good luck to the Bulls!

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

He is an aberration - how many 1st round pitchers have WSU had in their History? Jace or Pelfrey or Looper or Dreifort don't come along every year.

Remember - the argument was these incoming pitchers were going to propel WSU from being average middle-of-the-pack (120ish) NCAA pitching team to a Top 20 or 30. I guess there is always a chance that the moons will align.

U should know the model the model - Gene Stephenson showed us. You have to have quality depth through all your classes. That going to take time.
      The argument/discussion was that WSU would be better than we were this year With more and highly thought of left handed pitchers. I am not naive enough to think we will be in the top 20-30 range as you suggest I believe. My post was BETTER next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

The argument/discussion was that WSU would be better than we were this year With more and highly thought of left handed pitchers. I am not naive enough to think we will be in the top 20-30 range as you suggest I believe. My post was BETTER next year.
        OK, I did post "IMO Shocker pitching next season will be demonstrably improved and could/should well be the best in the AAC" to which SB responded with "What will be different next year that could lead you to believe that somehow this team pitching will move from 130's in the Nation to one of the Top 30?" I have to admit that I was unaware the current Shocker pitching staff was ranked in the 130's and next season would have to be one of the Top 30 in the Nation to achieve my goal of being demonstrably improved and challenge for the best in the AAC.

SB could you please post a link to the site you used to identify the Shockers' pitching as in the 130's nationally? Using Team ERA as a data point to rank NCAA baseball team pitching the NCAA identified ECU as #41 (3.97 ERA) and USF as #46 (4.07); the Shockers were not in the Top 50 with a reported Team ERA of 5.06

Perfect Game's latest ranking of next season's recruiting classes does place Tulane (#40), ECU (#51), UCF (#54) and Houston (#66) ahead of WSU (#97). Importantly this PG ranking does not include Payton Tolle as a Shocker commitment.

Jace Kaminska's 2.32 ERA was ranked #35 by the NCAA; in the AAC only Gavin Williams (1.32 ERA) of ECU ranked (#4) a head of Jace. My hope for the Shocker pitching staff is that one of the left handed pitchers committed can provided a similar contribution that JK provided this past season.

Comment

Working...
        X