AAC Conference Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I must be in the coach's head. Which is super scary. But putting a stop to this game right then and there made a lot of sense to me. LOL
    Is it too early to pull their goalie?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Is it too early to pull their goalie?
      LMAO -- Even up 10 I would have been scared of being the laughing stock of the conference if ECU dropped 11 on me in the next two innings. I'd have thrown everything and the kitchen sink at winning that game right then and there. Even if they lose the next one they can show that they beat mighty ECU going out.
      Last edited by Kung Wu; May 25, 2021, 03:32 PM.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Let's go Houston!

Comment

That makes two straight AAC Tournaments where ECU lost as the #1 seed. Clearwater has not been kind since they won it in 2018.
          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Cincinnati is unreal. How do you score 10 and lose? They probably should have scored 17-20. They swing the bats with very bad intentions. This is one reason I thought it so important to be in the other bracket.

Talked to an AAC guy and as I suspected anyway, there's NO way we're playing at the scheduled time. Obviously the next 2 games will dictate, but the idea now is 730-8 Wichita time, and if we get one more game close to this fiasco, it will be 9 before our game starts. With any luck ECU run rules Memphis 10-0 after 7 (yes the run rule is in effect until the Championship game).

Hunter ******* may hit 5 dingers against Cincy pitching tomorrow. It won't be enough, but could be fun to watch.
            As the Brits say - after the first two games I am gobsmacked! Can't understand how Cincinnati lost their game (but it was entertaining) followed by Memphis ten run ruling ECU in seven innings. These two games were worth the $18 tournament pass.

Taking a late lunch (wives opted for Seaweed) so will miss the start of Houston versus Tulane but I want to see the Shocker game tonight. So keep the ladies happy and I may have to return to the stadium alone to watch the Shocks.

Comment

Tulane opting to start Trent Johnson instead of Olthoff. Interesting.

Comment

Double scores 2. DO NOT SIT YOUR BEST PITCHER!

4-1 Tigers.
                ECU has already locked up a spot in the NCAA Tournament and likely will host a Regional. They’d have to be stupid to start their best pitcher on short rest to win this tournament that doesn’t matter for them

Comment

Csrt ahead of the horse, but one of what I think are the 2 best teams right now, ECU and Cincy, are going home tomorrow.

ECU just burned Williams from the Championship game on Sunday. Can't think they would bring him back on 3 days rest, IF they get there, and they will have to win Wednesday, Friday and twice Saturday to get there.

HAVE to win tonight. I hope we're on the gas from the first pitch.

UH went down in order in the 1st and Tulane is up. Getting closer to game time (LONG day in the heat down here).

Comment

Olthoff already missed time this year with arm fatigue. He hasn’t looked great lately either. No sense putting him out there on short rest

Comment

Originally posted by bigtimetimmyjim View Post

ECU has already locked up a spot in the NCAA Tournament and likely will host a Regional. They’d have to be stupid to start their best pitcher on short rest to win this tournament that doesn’t matter for them
                      Timmy are you attending the games in Clearwater?

Comment

I am not. Was hoping to attend a Regional next weekend but after last week, we have to win this tournament for that to happen

Comment

Wow, crazy day so far. Getting Cincy out of the tournament would be huge tomorrow. Doesn't make our road to the final any easier but if there was ever even a miniscule chance of an at large for us, Cincy had to get knocked out early. ECU won't care about the championship game and will throw Johny whole staff. Sets up nice for the winner of our bracket. Let's go Houston!

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                            Tulane opting to start Trent Johnson instead of Olthoff. Interesting.
                            EFF EM UP HOUSTON
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by bigtimetimmyjim View Post
                              I am not. Was hoping to attend a Regional next weekend but after last week, we have to win this tournament for that to happen
                              Too bad, I was hoping to meet you and hopefully together watch the Shockers play Tulane on Thursday in Game 8. I am skeptical that Tulane is going to win the AAC and participate in a Regional; IMO the Shockers are more likely to pull this scenario off than the Green Wave - just sayin.

Comment

Csrt ahead of the horse, but one of what I think are the 2 best teams right now, ECU and Cincy, are going home tomorrow.
                                I think we all thought one would be going home Thursday anyway ... but in the winners bracket.

Ideally Tulane will lose now, and UCF would lose to Memphis to really muck up the losers bracket. :)

Crazy day so far!
                                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Working...
                                X