Memphis @ WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    We still need 2 more wins to secure 3rd, we can't finish 2nd.
    Daaaang, the win percent would be sooooo close if we sweep Memphis and Cincinnasty sweeps Tulane. But yeah.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

ECU wins 5-2 and Cincy hammers Tulane again.

ECU is the 1 Seed and Tulane is the 2.

Shocks have to keep winning to get the 3.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Where’s ol Timmy at?
        Haha, Tulane sucks
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Kocis gives the Shox some breathing room with a two run 6-3 bottom 7. Shox still battling. Wallace singles driving in 2 more. 8-3

Comment

Shocks, Knights, Pirates and Bearcats all sweep.

ECU is the #1 seed

Tulane is the # 2 seed

Shocks magic number to clinch the 3 seed is 1 (must get one vs Cincy and UCF). No need to go into the possible other seeding possibilities until WSU loses a game first.

The only scenario where USF is NOT the 6 seed is if they beat ECU twice AND Cincy loses to Tulane twice AND UCF doesn't lose both games to Houston. In that scenario it would be a 2 way tie for 6th with Cincy, and USF would win the tiebreak based on having a better winning percentage vs teams ranked higher in the standings (ECU, TU, WSU, UCF .417 vs .400). Even though ECU has the league clinched, I doubt they mail it in vs USF because they are trying to host.

Again, for simplicity, if WSU beats Memphis tomorrow and ECU beats USF, then the seedings are done (UCF and Cincy would still be deciding 4 and 5 but at that point it really doesn't matter as they are only playing for who is the home team in their 1st round game).

Slight correction, Houston and Memphis are tied. If they remain tied, regardless of how, Memphis, I THINK, wins the tiebreak because they beat Tulane once and Houston didn't play them. If for some reason they skip Tulane because Houston didn't play the Green Wave, then it would depend if Memphis wins a game against WSU. If they do, then they would win the tiebreak, and if not, Houston would.

I'm guessing Houston needs to win one more game than Memphis wins this weekend to avoid the 8 seed.

Houston's Friday guy, Robert Gasser, is a problem for most teams. Wouldn't mind him lining up against the Pirates to be honest. Plus they have Cherry in the pen. Much stronger than Memphis' two best arms.

1 ECU
            2, Tulane
            3. WSU
            4, UCF
            5. Cincinnati
            6. USF
            7. Houston
            8. Memphis

Comment

Even though he gave up 2 meaningless runs in the 9th, it wasn't a bad outing for Cam Bye. He was bringing it up there at 93-96. Tommy Barnhouse pitched well. LJ had a quick inning.

Kind of all of a sudden, we have more than just Haase that we can go to out of the pen. Stumpy, LJ, Bye, Barnhouse and Haase have all been serviceable of late. And our ABCs (Aaron, Barnhouse and Cam....yeah I'm trying too hard) can all bring it 95+

Comment

WuDrWu thanks for all your detailed analysis of the AAC race. Very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Kung Wu would it possible to get the following baseball recruiting threads set up as sticky threads so all of our baseball recruiting info is easier to find:

Recruiting, class of '21: https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...e2#post1299334

Recruiting -- Class of 2022: https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...e2#post1295561

Recruiting -- Class of 2023: https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...23#post1297039

Would make the baseball recruiting topic easier to follow and easier to recruit to.

Once a recruiting class has been wrapped up and a new season started we can unpin the old thread and pin the new thread. Mostly likely will never have more than 3 threads at a time stuck.
                  I see you have taken care of this. Thank you. Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Game 1: Cincinnasty beats Tulane
                    Man, after looking unhittable against us, Tulane's Olthoff has really struggled in his past three games: 15.1 IP / 28 H / 15 ER / 11K / 8.82 ERA.
                    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

Man, after looking unhittable against us, Tulane's Olthoff has really struggled in his past three games: 15.1 IP / 28 H / 15 ER / 11K / 8.82 ERA.
                      Eesh. He peaked against us. Of course he did.

Comment

By my count there are 8 current student athletes taking part in senior day festivities today.

It also looks like they've updated the roster on goshockers.com and if my count is accurate, what used to be 41 is down to 32.

Gone are Alex Jackson, Connery Peters, Jake Hamilton, Noah Griese, Ryne Schooley, Konner Lewis, Blake Marsh & Christian Clack that I can come up with off the top of my head.

I wish all these young men the very best as they further their careers and go out into the world. I hope each and every one of them succeeds wildly.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

ECU and Cincinnati will tend to do that to your ERA. In fairness, Olthoff probably peaked against Mississippi State early in the year. They gave him a week off but he clearly hasn't been the same pitcher since. His breaking stuff can be filthy nasty and it just hasn't been the same.

That was our 1st weekend without Kocis (Cornblum didn't play either then we lost Gibby on that play at the plate). We totally let him off the hook in that game, not once but twice. Frankly, if Kocis was playing we probably knock him out early and win. That mess of the 5th where we gave up 5 runs (2 on a strikeout, the third out of the inning), 4 of which came with 2 outs and the bases empty, was one of the few times this year this team didn't respond well facing adversity and let one play turn into about 20 over a 10 day period. Probably cost them a tourney birth to be honest.

Comment

I want a do over!

Comment

It's quite possible we'll have answers to the seeding questions by the time the 1st pitch is thrown tonight at The Eck.

(all times CDT)

Tulane @ Cincinnati NOON (there's not a lot of pitching left here. If the starters can't go long, this game could get really pinballish)

ECU @ USF 2:00PM

Houston @ UCF 5:00PM

Memphis @ WSU 6:00PM

Comment

We need to root for Tulane and UCF right? We want Houston as the 8? Other than that, it doesn't much matter as far as seeding goes?

Comment

Working...
                                X