No announcement yet.

Memphis @ WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're gonna have more conference wins than Tulane. They got lucky we were depleted when we played them, and they are lucky to hang onto 2nd place. That's one helluva result for CEOEW in his first full year.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
      We need to root for Tulane ... ?
      If we win one more against Memphis, there's nothing Cincinnasty can do to catch us, I don't think. Believe!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        I want a do over!
        If the Shocks can secure the 3rdf place finish we may get that do over in the AAC Tournament.

I believe the two double elimination pools are 1-4-5-8 in on pool and 2-3-6-7 in the other pool with the pool winners meeting for a single championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

If the Shocks can secure the 3rd place finish we may get that do over in the AAC Tournament.

I believe the two double elimination pools are 1-4-5-8 in on pool and 2-3-6-7 in the other pool with the pool winners meeting for a single championship game.
          All correct. More details here (including some good info on travel etc that would have answered a lot of questions earlier lol) A good link to keep for further

American Athletic Conference (theamerican.org)

If we can finish 3rd, we'll be the last game on Tuesday evening, 47 minutes after the previous game ends, and that one starts at 3PM CDT. 6-7PM Wichita Time.

All hands on deck for that first game. Have to win that first game. But have to win today first. Keep the momentum going.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

If the Shocks can secure the 3rdf place finish we may get that do over in the AAC Tournament.

I am definitely hoping for a "do-over" with Tulane and trust the Tulane fan will return to Shockernet to discuss the game as it progresses.

Comment

Our team is good enough to win several games in a row. My only concern is that almost every team has an Ace Pitcher who is very good, and then their pitching staff struggles to varying extents after their #1 starter. OTOH, we seem to be in a lull where our pitchers are all struggling out of the gate, in game 1, in each series, and then our pitching depth seems to have improved, and we do pretty well in games 2-4 each weekend. All of the teams from 2-6 are pretty close in abilities. Our first game of the tourney concerns me most.

Comment

We had Uhltoff on the ropes. He was uncomfortable and having control issues the first 3 innings. A couple key hits, and he doesn’t make it to the 4th. Once he found his groove, it was over. He was well rested and ready to get back after it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  Our team is good enough to win several games in a row. My only concern is that almost every team has an Ace Pitcher who is very good, and then their pitching staff struggles to varying extents after their #1 starter. OTOH, we seem to be in a lull where our pitchers are all struggling out of the gate, in game 1, in each series, and then our pitching depth seems to have improved, and we do pretty well in games 2-4 each weekend. All of the teams from 2-6 are pretty close in abilities. Our first game of the tourney concerns me most.
                  This is what I said before the season started. I thought we had depth (I also thought we had Hamilton, Peters and Lindemann so.....) but not the Ace that most teams in our conference have.

Tulane is getting ass ripped again today. Cincy is on the verge of run ruling the Green Wave.

Final after 7, 11-1.

Cincinnati pretty much showing it to Tulane. Pretty clear the Bearcats are the 2nd best team in the league. They were punished by having ECU as their double team.

Last edited by WuDrWu; May 21, 2021, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Locked in CAPS

1. ECU
                    2. TULANE
                    3. wsu
                    4, cincinnati
                    5. ucf
                    6. USF
                    7. houston
                    8. memphis

The Cincinnati win locks USF into the 6 seed no matter the outcome of the games. They did score 4 in the 1st and lead ECU 4-0 after 2.

I thought maybe my speculation about ECU not mailing it in was wrong and they were playing the bench, but in fact they not only have all starters in, they are throwing Carson Whisenhunt (1A ace) who is back from an injury. Cantu for USF still swinging a hot bat, his 3 run HR was the big 1st inning blow.

Cincy wins the tie break with UCF. The only scenario where Cincy is the 5 seed is if UCF wins their final 2 vs Houston and Cincy loses to Tulane tomorrow.
                    Last edited by WuDrWu; May 21, 2021, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Locked in CAPS

1. ECU
                      2. TULANE
                      3. wsu
                      4, cincinnati
                      5. ucf
                      6. USF
                      7. houston
                      8. memphis

The Cincinnati win locks USF into the 6 seed no matter the outcome of the games. They did score 4 in the 1st and lead ECU 4-0 after 2.

I thought maybe my speculation about ECU not mailing it in was wrong and they were playing the bench, but in fact they not only have all starters in, they are throwing Carson Whisenhunt (1A ace) who is back from an injury. Cantu for USF still swinging a hot bat, his 3 run HR was the big 1st inning blow.

Cincy wins the tie break with UCF. The only scenario where Cincy is the 5 seed is if UCF wins their final 2 vs Houston and Cincy loses to Tulane tomorrow.
                      Stacking up about as nicely as it could for us.

Comment

This is what I said before the season started. I thought we had depth (I also thought we had Hamilton, Peters and Lindemann so.....) but not the Ace that most teams in our conference have.

Tulane is getting ass ripped again today. Cincy is on the verge of run ruling the Green Wave.

Final after 7, 11-1.

Cincinnati pretty much showing it to Tulane. Pretty clear the Bearcats are the 2nd best team in the league. They were punished by having ECU as their double team.
                        LMAO, Tulane is trash hahaha
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Pretty clear the Bearcats are the 2nd best team in the league.
                          We are!! With Kocis back, we can take Cincinnasty! Believe!

Comment

Memphis has stole a game off of just about everyone except E Carolina. As bad as they seem, sweeping a four game series is much tougher than it sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              Memphis has stole a game off of just about everyone except E Carolina. As bad as they seem, sweeping a four game series is much tougher than it sounds.
                              We only gotta win one of the two for a mortal lock on 3rd, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

We only gotta win one of the two for a mortal lock on 3rd, right?
                                That is correct. Doesn't look like Tulane will be of any help with Cincy or at least I sure wouldn't depend on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X