Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post

Six figures?

Where do you get you information on how much Mr. Tolle received?
    What's up Doc

Comment

Payton left around 100K on the table. His decision was not monetarily driven, but he's smart enough not to turn down free money.

I hope he makes a billion in the league. The world needs a lot more Payton Tolles.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

What's up Doc
        I would still like to know where your information comes from regarding the amount of money Mr. Tolle received? Have you seen a copy of his bank account? Have you seen the cancelled check from TCU? Or are you just guessing and have no idea?
        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Please stop posting in this thread. Like a scorned lover I keep checking it once per hour to see if my girl is coming back. Even though I know she's already being porked by another man.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

JJ's question is a valid question. Facts are good.

Comment

For inside info from our regulars, I trust Doc and Mr. Clamdip and no one else.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Please stop posting in this thread. Like a scorned lover I keep checking it once per hour to see if my girl is coming back. Even though I know she's already being porked by another man.

Wonder why Payton hasn’t changed his Twitter account to TCU baseball? Not being clandestinely clever, but genuinely curious.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Wonder why Payton hasn’t changed his Twitter account to TCU baseball? Not being clandestinely clever, but genuinely curious.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post

I would still like to know where your information comes from regarding the amount of money Mr. Tolle received? Have you seen a copy of his bank account? Have you seen the cancelled check from TCU? Or are you just guessing and have no idea?
                    I guess I sort of tend to think that players are leaving for NIL deals. My gut tells me we don't have much of a budget to counter. I'm willing to admit I could be dead wrong and for the school's welfare it would be much better if I were but I just don't think so.

On the other hand you seem to live in Mayberry and think top talent will stick around leaving money on the table. In the long run this is a losing battle. I'm done stating my position and I'll agree to disagree while mindful I could be wrong.

Comment

Stop that right now!! I will start rage-checking Shockernet every 15 minutes!!
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Stop that right now!! I will start rage-checking Shockernet every 15 minutes!!
                        That would definitely be “Huge Huge Huge”… I remember losing my first ‘flapper’ back in the late 20’s…
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

NIL in baseball doesn’t have to be that much. I would bet most of these kids are just looking for a full ride scholarship equivalent. This is what you call the market correcting Title IX.

Comment

He must have seen this post because it is on there now...

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              NIL in baseball doesn’t have to be that much. I would bet most of these kids are just looking for a full ride scholarship equivalent. This is what you call the market correcting Title IX.
                              So if you want to give all 35 roster players the equivalent of a full ride you will need to fund 35-11.7 = 23.3 full scholarship equivalents.

Here are the current cost of attendance at Wichita State: https://www.wichita.edu/administrati..._undergrad.php

Let's say an average of $30,000 per year times 23.3 = $699,000 per year.

That's a chunk of change for the WSU Athletic program in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

So if you want to give all 35 roster players the equivalent of a full ride you will need to fund 35-11.7 = 23.3 full scholarship equivalents.

Here are the current cost of attendance at Wichita State: https://www.wichita.edu/administrati..._undergrad.php

Let's say an average of $30,000 per year times 23.3 = $699,000 per year.

That's a chunk of change for the WSU Athletic program in my opinion.
                                you could also give freshmen the standard partial scholarship and then they earn the full ride when/if they come back, or for new kids coming in from the portal.

Comment

Working...
                                X