No announcement yet.

Shocks and Houston Play Eight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 days ago I feel certain most Shocker fans, myself very much included, would have been thrilled with 6 wins over the Cougars. I kind of feel greedy expecting #7 tomorrow. But greedy I shall be.

Go Shocks!

Comment

• Unbelievable venue in downtown Wichita. What a day. That was really a lot of fun in a big time atmosphere for big time college baseball. And the team delivered. This team actually looks like a tourney team. Their pitching has all of a sudden turned on a switch. They still leave a lot of runners on base, but they have some sticks. Maybe it's Houston too, but we look pretty legit. Nice to run up some wins against a team we hadn't beaten since the move to the AAC.

Gotta keep these downtown games coming. Easy in and easy out. And yes, it makes Eck look prehistoric now. Love Eck, but this place is another level. Wow. Glad it was full too. And mostly mask-abiding. Can't wait til those are gone too.

Let's get the sweep tomorrow and learn how to take the show on the road.

And to add, I agree. Major missed opportunity to have this one streamed and/or on TV. That would've looked good for college baseball. The only swing and miss of the day.
      Last edited by ShockerFever; April 10, 2021, 11:47 PM.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• RPI is up to 46.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Had to be a huge thrill for Freshman Jace Kaminska to pitch a complete game in front of 7,500 fans. Especially considering Jace's home town, Caney, Kansas, has a population of around 2,000.
          Actually according to his dad, he is from Tyro, Kansas, population 105....

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Tyro feeds into Caney High. I missed it one time without blinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Tyro was in my sales territory back in the 80’s & 90’s had a very good customer from there.

Part of the Coffeyville metro area.

An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Yes. I’m sure Caney and Tyro Ks have good athletes, and Jace had tons of strike outs, but in Going to Div. 1 baseball from 2A,l high school, his level of competition has shot exponentially.

Comment

• I have forgotten how much I like watching a pitcher prepare to make a pitch until the Houston pitcher I believe the third one to take the mound yesterday and his move to flick his arm and hand towards his hat perhaps before stepping onto the rubber. Despite my trepidations about the construction concept/ that was used to construct the stadium it turned out great. Of course they had a year off to tweek the things that needed to be done but it was great yesterday, I liked the phrase that was used to describe the opening by one of the Windsurge officials and attributed to the former owner "The Magic starts". You know I don't really mind the name Wind Surge as much now. Go Shocks

Comment

• Comment

• There were some pretty cool "FIRSTS" at the game yesterday. The FIRST home run hit in the new park, the FIRST grand slam in the new park and the FIRST complete game pitched this year by the Shockers

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        There were some pretty cool "FIRSTS" at the game yesterday. The FIRST home run hit in the new park, the FIRST grand slam in the new park and the FIRST complete game pitched this year by the Shockers
                        That was the first complete game by a Shocker freshman since 2009.

Comment

• Why isn't today's game on ESPN+?

Comment

• Shocks off to a good start again today. You hate to have your leadoff hitter make the 1st and last out of the at bat but if he does you probably have done some damage. In this case the Shocks score 4 runs on 5 hits, a walk and 2 Houston errors all after 2 were out. The Shocks did leave the bases loaded but that can happen when you start your rally with 2 outs. Houston's defense has been pretty atrocious in Wichita.

Shocks 4 - Houston 0 after 1.

Let's hope Spencer Hynes is on his game today.

Comment

• Hey it's a beautiful day to sit and watch a slugfest

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                                Ole Miss really draws the crowds in

It’s nice to see the Shox on that list.

Comment

Working...
                                X