X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WeWillShockU
    replied
    Originally posted by pogo View Post
    I think that the "Rash" of possible covid is merely a rash left from the serious ass whoopin they took last week. I could be wrong though.
    Funny!

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    No concern for WSU

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    I think that the "Rash" of possible covid is merely a rash left from the serious ass whoopin they took last week. I could be wrong though.

Leave a comment:

• NCAABound
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockm View Post
    Hopefully not bad news for the Shox from last weekend. Haven't heard anything about this yet so fingers are crossed.

Kendall Rogers is tweeting that the Houston has Covid issues this week and their series is cancelled with ECU.
    *Cough *Cough "Covid Issues"....when gearing up to play ECU and go 1-11 in the AAC.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Hopefully not bad news for the Shox from last weekend. Haven't heard anything about this yet so fingers are crossed.

Kendall Rogers is tweeting that the Houston has Covid issues this week and their series is cancelled with ECU.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Aaron sets the Cougars down in order in the top of the 7th and the 10-run rule is apparently in place as that is the ball game. Shocks complete the sweep and go 7-1 in their 8 game home and home series against Houston.

The Shocks complete the the quadruple clone with another well pitched, very productive offense and another error free game to banish the Cougars back to Houston which I'm sur they will be happy to see as they flat did not play well at all in the 4-games in Wichita.

Hard to know what of this. Houston was very competitive at home last weekend. Not at all this weekend.

On to New Orleans next week for 4 against the Green Wave. We'll see if the current level of play travels well.

But as far as this weekend goes the Shocks could not have played much better overall.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Good series for the Shox. It tough to sweep 4 game series regardless of opponent. This should have the players all in a good frame of mind for Tulane series.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Derek Shaver making only his 2nd appearnce of the season. He had 1 at bat against Dixie State on March 6th. Enters the game at 3rd base and in his first at bat since the Dixie State game blasts a grand slam homer to right center and the Shocks extend and already bit lead to double digits at 13-2 after 6 innings.

If Derek is back, healthy and ready to contribute that would be a big plus for the Shocks.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 11, 2021, 01:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Ryan Stuempfig comes on in the bottom of the 6th in relief of Spencer Hynes. Spencer was at 83 pitches and was pitching well but I have a feeling HCEW and PCMP may be wanting to get the bullpen some work.

So far only Aaron Bechtel (2 innings) and Stuempfig (1 inning) have seen any work out the pen.

Steumpfig pitches a clean 6th. Aaron Haase on in the 7th.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 11, 2021, 01:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Veritas
    replied
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    Ole Miss really draws the crowds in

It’s nice to see the Shox on that list.

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    Hey it's a beautiful day to sit and watch a slugfest

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Shocks off to a good start again today. You hate to have your leadoff hitter make the 1st and last out of the at bat but if he does you probably have done some damage. In this case the Shocks score 4 runs on 5 hits, a walk and 2 Houston errors all after 2 were out. The Shocks did leave the bases loaded but that can happen when you start your rally with 2 outs. Houston's defense has been pretty atrocious in Wichita.

Shocks 4 - Houston 0 after 1.

Let's hope Spencer Hynes is on his game today.

Leave a comment:

• ABC
    replied
    Why isn't today's game on ESPN+?

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by pogo View Post
    There were some pretty cool "FIRSTS" at the game yesterday. The FIRST home run hit in the new park, the FIRST grand slam in the new park and the FIRST complete game pitched this year by the Shockers
    That was the first complete game by a Shocker freshman since 2009.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X