No announcement yet.

Shocks and Houston Play Eight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am JACKED for this Riverfront game! What a drop dead awesome facility. GO SHOX!!

Comment

• The Shocks complete the triple clone. 3rd consecutive win over Houston with very good pitching, complete game gem by freshman Jace Kaminska, an efficient offense scoring 10 runs on 12 hits (although they still left 12 runners on base) and no errors again.

Comment

• Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post
        I am JACKED for this Riverfront game! What a drop dead awesome facility. GO SHOX!!
        Kennedy announced attendance at 7,500; excellent inaugural game for the stadium.

Shockers win tomorrow will prove to be a great home stand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Kennedy announced attendance at 7,500; excellent inaugural game for the stadium.

Shockers win tomorrow will prove to be a great home stand.
          It was excellent indeed, fans had a great time, all amenities are first class. Shox are looking very good with the kind of defense we got used to back in the day.

really a shame the AAC didn’t find a way to get this on TV. Great college baseball showcase.

Comment

• Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post

It was excellent indeed, fans had a great time, all amenities are first class. Shox are looking very good with the kind of defense we got used to back in the day.

really a shame the AAC didn’t find a way to get this on TV. Great college baseball showcase.
            Especially since I was out of town this weekend.

Comment

• Do 7,500 show up if they could watch for free on TV?

Doubtful. Feel like this was done for word of mouth for the stadium versus TV snippets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                Do 7,500 show up if they could watch for free on TV?

Doubtful. Feel like this was done for word of mouth for the stadium versus TV snippets.
                I don''t know. Not sure that would have made any difference in this particular situation.

Comment

• Had to be a huge thrill for Freshman Jace Kaminska to pitch a complete game in front of 7,500 fans. Especially considering Jace's home town, Caney, Kansas, has a population of around 2,000.

Comment

• There was a debate a few pages back about whether or not Houston was a “bad team”. I think I’m going to have to go with the opinion that yes, they are really bad.

Comment

• If anyone has access (paywall) to the Top AAC Baseball Prospects articles from several online publications like D1Baseball, Baseball America, it’d be interesting what the experts thought pre baseball season. I have a feeling that our guys aren’t highly thought of.

Gasser (Houston Pitcher) who we beat 10-1 yesterday was a highly rated Freshman recruit from California. I would doubt Kaminska was even mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                        I would doubt Kaminska was even mentioned.
                        Jace is not a under the radar talent (except for WSU fans who haven't been really paying attention these last few years).

He was the #1 rated pitcher in Kansas and 251st in the nation a RHP by perfect game. He would have been draft fairly high had the MLB draft not been cut down to 5 rounds. Lucky WSU gets him for 3 year. He maybe be part of the core that gets WSU back to Omaha.

Comment

• The worst thing about the whole game day experience was the long wait to get into the stadium. They had to wand every person plus you had to take everything out of your pockets and put them in a basket on a table. Very slow process but they probably won't have the crowds like they did today. Had lots of access to eats and drinks and the bathroom situation looked like it was keeping up. It is a very nice stadium and sad to say but it makes Eck look like a dinosaur. I like the fact that all the restroom and concession areas are on the concourse and you don't miss anything standing in line. Arkansas had their concession stands laid out so that you could still see the game while getting something to eat or drink. Other than that my brother and I had a great time and the weather was beautiful. It was nice to experience a very large crowd of my fellow Shocker brothers and sisters watching our Shockers play ball. Go Shocks
                          Last edited by pogo; April 11, 2021, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Jace is not a under the radar talent (except for WSU fans who haven't been really paying attention these last few years).

He was the #1 rated pitcher in Kansas and 251st in the nation a RHP by perfect game. He would have been draft fairly high had the MLB draft not been cut down to 5 rounds. Lucky WSU gets him for 3 year. He maybe be part of the core that gets WSU back to Omaha.

Which 251st is a slap in the face too.

Comment

• This may come across as a little snarky but I would wager that the 7,500 that watched the game today matches any yearly total of a FHCTB season.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                                This may come across as a little snarky but I would wager that the 7,500 that watched the game today matches any yearly total of a FHCTB season.
                                Not all that snarky, just #Facts. This is a team that's being coached to win games, and they appear to be learning lessons quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X