Shocks and Houston Play Eight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I would trust whatever air that speaks coming out of your ass more than anything any media outlet ever reports on.
    Just watch out for particulate matter. I mean... just look at his name.

Comment

Wallace, Kaminska Garner Weekly Honor Roll Honors

Wichita State baseball junior infielder Paxton Wallace and freshman right-handed pitcher Jace Kaminska were named to the American Athletic Conference Weekly Honor Roll for their performances on the field during the week of March 29 through April 4, the conference office announced Monday, April 5.

Wichita State baseball junior infielder Paxton Wallace and freshman right-handed pitcher Jace Kaminska were named to the American Athletic Conference Weekly Honor Roll for their performances on the field during the week of March 29 through April 4, the conference office announced Monday, April 5.

It's Wallace third weekly honor of the season and Kaminska's inaugural weekly conference accolade.

Wallace, who hails from Greenbrier, Ark., aided the Shockers to a 3-1 series win over Houston by hitting .417 (5-12) with four runs, two home runs and three RBI. He had the go-ahead home run in the top of the ninth in game two of the series and had the game-tying home run in the series finale on Saturday.

A native of Caney, Kan., Kaminska pitched a career-best seven scoreless innings with four strikeouts, five hits and only one walk in a 2-1 Shocker win over Houston on Friday to earn the victory and improve to 2-0 on the mound in 2021.

Comment

Do you think Riverfront will have $1.50 Egg Salad and Pimento Cheese Sandwiches like at The Masters?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Do you think Riverfront will have $1.50 Egg Salad and Pimento Cheese Sandwiches like at The Masters?
          A tradition like none other.

Comment

Anybody been to Caney? It’s kind of a neat little town nestled in the wooded hills.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

What happened to him?

What about RDR?

RDR is fine, however he is holed up in his Right-Wing Compound waiting for this COVID business to clear up before he ventures out.

I am hoping to get him out to a Shocker game this year.
              An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

I miss him so.
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Looks like less than 200 seats are remaining in the “grandstand” not sure about the rest of the stadium.
                  should be a good crowd on hand.

High of 64 and sunny.

110 seats as of Thu 4pm
                  Last edited by Veritas; April 8, 2021, 04:11 PM.

Comment

All seated tickets are gone. Only berm remains.

Comment

• This game is ‘good’ for several reasons. Sure wish I could be there. Go Shocks!
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I wonder why this one isn't being televised. I can't go but would sure like to see the stadium and crowd. Oh well, maybe someone will take some pics....

Comment

• Changing things up a bit with the rotation this weekend. Preston is getting the ball this afternoon, with what appears to be his personal catcher, Cooper Harris (mostly kidding, I'm sure they don't want Ross catching both end of DHs, like last weekend).

Expecting Liam tonight, Jace tomorrow and Spencer Sunday I suspect.

Sigrist
                          Gibson
                          Wallace
                          Kocis
                          Bartlett
                          VanVooren
                          Stroh
                          Harris
                          Stewart

Go Shocks!

Comment

• UH 0 0 0
                            WSU 0 2 0

Through 3. All pitching so far. Snavely at 32 pitches and Deese at 42 pitches.

Comment

• Big inning brewing in the bottom of the 5th. Three runs across, 1 out, runners on 2nd and 3rd.

Comment

• 5-0 now after a Kocis single drives in Gibson and Wallace. Time to get into that Cougar pen.

Comment

Working...
                                X