No announcement yet.

Shocks and Houston Play Eight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big win and way to come back and take the series.!

Comment

Another very well pitched game this time by Hynes and Stuempfig. Stuempfig definitely had to work to get that save. Big home run by Paxton Wallace to tie the game in the 6th and a big clutchd 2-out RBI single by Sigrist in the 9th to provide the winning margin.

Shocks win there 3rd 1-run pitching duel in a row.

Credit to both teams for pitching very well especially over the last 3 games of the series.

Now they get to return to Wichita and do it all over again.

The weekend has to be viewed as a positive for the Shocks.

Correction: I believe Stuempfig will get the win in this game as he was the pitcher of record when the Shocks scored in the 9th.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 3, 2021, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Well Stuempfig was good again. I was somewhat wrong about Hynes. He still played with fire with 4 walks but he only gave up 5 hits and 2 earned runs.

Comment

Great road series by the Shockers; now let's watch them repeat this outcome at home to establish 18-10 overall and 6-2 conference records.

Comment

I'm not saying anything to jinx the next series.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
              Great road series by the Shockers; now let's watch them repeat this outcome at home to establish 18-10 overall and 6-2 conference records.
              Obviously that's what Shocker fans are hoping for and rooting for but hard to have series much closer than what the Shockers and the Cougars just played. Both teams pitched very well. That 4-game set could have just about gone any direction. A 3-1 outcome being pretty darn good. But it could just as easily been 1-3 or even 0-4.

Another 3-1 result this next weekend would be an excellent outcome especially considering Houston was picked a notch ahead of the Shocks at 4th vs 5th in the preseason coaches' poll and our two preseason All-Conference picks, Liam Eddy and Couper Cornblum, have not been very sharp yet. Add the fact that Jake Hamilton, Connery Peters and Jacob Lindemann have not been available to pitch yet this year the Shocks are doing pretty well at this point.

This next weekend could continue to build on that decent start are could just as easily turn around in the other direction. Would sure like to see the Shocks find some more scoring this weekend.

Comment

Anyone planning on going downtown for Saturday's game?

I ask only to gauge interest. If you go online, it would appear tickets are somewhat limited, like maybe 75% gone.

Also, has anyone heard a rumor about all restrictions being removed for outdoor events at WSU?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I ask only to gauge interest. If you go online, it would appear tickets are somewhat limited, like maybe 75% gone.

Also, has anyone heard a rumor about all restrictions being removed for outdoor events at WSU?
                  There's this.

Students react to WSU’s decision to end COVID-19 restrictions (ksn.com)

Comment

My brother and I are going and I heard JJ Clamdip will be in attendance as well. Looking forward to see our Shocks spank a couger this Saturday. Looking forward to being in the crowd to be the first to watch a baseball game at the new River Front Stadium. Go Shocks

Comment

Will be attending with my dad.

It appears they aren't blocking off rows either for seating. Looks like they're jamming everyone in. I assume the mask mandate will still be in place there or no?

Hopefully the Shocks carry their momentum in to Saturday. That looks to be a fun afternoon with a big crowd and seemingly beautiful weather.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I would say of the students I talk to, it’s about 90/10 in favor of returning to pre CoVid behavior. So take it for what it’s worth when you see a local news outlet make an effort to try to show its an even split of opinion. I would say my sample size is multiple times higher than theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I would say of the students I talk to, it’s about 90/10 in favor of returning to pre CoVid behavior. So take it for what it’s worth when you see a local news outlet make an effort to try to show its an even split of opinion. I would say my sample size is multiple times higher than theirs.
                          I would trust whatever air that speaks coming out of your ass more than anything any media outlet ever reports on.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Will be there with the wife and very much looking forward to it! Happy that our Shox get to kick it off at Riverfront rather than a AA squad that nobody here bargained for.

Comment

Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post

Will be there with the wife and very much looking forward to it! Happy that our Shox get to kick it off at Riverfront rather than a AA squad that nobody here bargained for.
                              This was a smart move by the WSurge to open the park with the Shox rather than the disappointment of AA ball again. Opening the stadium against AA Amarillo would have been a disappointment. They’re hoping for a big crowd and excitement of the stadium to generate their own ticket sales later. Maybe they’re finally understanding that Wichita doesn’t want to be a AA town after all. They’re hoping for the social event of the stadium to generate sales rather than the AA ball club.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                                My brother and I are going and I heard JJ Clamdip will be in attendance as well. Looking forward to see our Shocks spank a couger this Saturday. Looking forward to being in the crowd to be the first to watch a baseball game at the new River Front Stadium. Go Shocks
                                What happened to him?

What about RDR?

Comment

Working...
                                X