• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressive W.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Borzone was really good. But I think Dixie might be in trouble the next two games.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Borzone (not saying he's great or AA or anything) pitched 5.2 scoreless against Wazzu . Relief pitching gave up 6 after that.

ORU beat #9 LSU 22-7 today.

OSU was #2 Warren Nolan last I checked, and SIUE pounded Corrigan's previous team 11-2 and winning today 11-2 over South Dakota State.

Just a little perspective that's all. Nice save by Haase after the double. His curve was nails.

For fun (or to scare the **** out of you) check out the video of Mississippi State whining that the Tulane pitcher was doctoring the ball. That kid has FILTHY stuff. So we've got that to look forward to....which is nice.

Comment

A pitcher can keep a team in it that is overmatched. We will see which team is overmatched on saturday and Sunday.

Comment

Well pitched game by both teams. How to value that for the Shocks is a bit hard to say. I don't think Dixie State is a real strong offensive team.

The Borzone kid may be the real deal. He has pitched 13.1 innings in his 2 starts against WSU Red and WSU Gold only allowing 2 runs on 8 hits, with 1 walk + 1 hbp while striking out 14 including 9 Shockers today. He has give Dixie a fighting chance to win both of those games.

Based on the WSU Red scores vs Dixie it appears the Dixie pitching my pretty much begin and end with Borzone. But we will see. Actually, I prefer the Shockers to get a good legit challenge rather than run up the score on an overmatched pitching staff.

That said would like to see fewer strikeouts a few more hits. But I have to give credit to Borzone. He should win quite a few games once Dixie gets into WAC play and who knows, he may pick off a bigger school or two in the non-con yet. Was close today against the Shocks. I will have to give the ESPN+ replay a look see to see what kind of arm/stuff this young man has.

Game winning homerun for Corrigan Bartlett in the 7th. Man has he been a nice addition to the roster, Could use a few more like him.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 5, 2021, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              ORU beat #9 LSU 22-7 today.
              Wow!

Comment

Am I missing a score of the game?

Comment

2-1

Comment

Watched the ESPN+ replay for awhile to see what made Borzone (Boar-zonee) so tough on the Shockers, He was a big guy at 6-5 and around 220 but he wasn't really a flame thrower wih his fastball in the 89-91 range. He looked to largely depend on the sinking action of his fastball which was already coming in at a downward angle with his 6-5 frame and he kept the ball at or below the knees pretty consistently and got a lot of the Shocks to swing at pitches low out of the zone. Most of the pitches above the knees looked to be his breaking pitch which had a pretty tight break. More of a slider type break than a curve ball. It sure didn't hurt the home plate umpire tended to have a low strike zone and would give him a little extra room at the bottom of the zone. So basically a sinker ball pitcher with a strike zone being called that played right into his strength and enough zip on those pitches to make it tough to lay off of pitches that ended up low if not even on the turf.

The pitch the Corrigan Barlett hit out in the 7th for the game winner appeared to be a sinker that he elevated just a litte bit, about mid thigh when Corrigan made contact. Corrgian has a nice, quick compact swing and he made solid contact to left center. It looked like pretty much a line drive that didn't clear the left center field fence by much but enough to count and it got out in a hurry.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 6, 2021, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Dixie State - Game 2

Spencer Hynes in the circle for the Shocks. Dixie down in order in the top of the 1st including 2 K's.

Shocks score 3 in the the bottom of the inning. Sigrist single, Bartlett double, Kocis single and Cornblum triple.

Comment

That was fast.

Comment

The DSU starter Gonzales has a quirky delivery even for a lefty. He throws high 80s to low 90 but his curve just hangs there and is 20+ mph slower than his fastball. He’s 50 pitches in and we’re only in the middle of the 3rd.
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Cornblum delivers 2 more Shockers in the bottom of the 3rd with his 2nd triple of the game. Corrgan (single) Kocis (walk - semi-intentional??) score.

Ingram strikes out for the 2nd out of the inning but Cadena gets a 2-out single to right to plate Cornblum. Shocks lead 6-0.

Comment

BLAM! If I had a 15 ERA and saw Cornblum coming up to bat, I'd start shakin' in my boots.

Comment

Hynes struggling through the 4th but was able to get a K on Pritchard with an average of 0.94 after giving up 2, one on a wild pitch.
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X