2021 Baseball Season - AAC Approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Sucks we lose the midweek foes of KU, KSU, Oklahoma State, etc.

Better than nothing though.
    Just for this year. Expect a full slate of B12 foes going forward. Scooter has great ties to coaches and we'll play them a lot. I think OSU as often as we can.

We're going to return to the time of treating KSU and KU like the 2nd class citizens they are with regular ass beatings.

The whole nonsense of testing when and how often threw an unworkable monkey in the wrench of scheduling this year. Just get through it, get to some games this year, go to Tampa and then it's off to the tournament to see where we are.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      It is.

Highlight is an 11 days stretch in mid March with 4 games at current #11 Arizona in Tucson and then 2 vs FIU and 2 vs Stetson in Deland, Fl the next weekend.

That 11 day stretch should be a decent measuring stick.

AAC schedule ends mid week games and goes @ Houston, Houston, @ Tulane, @ Cincinnati, East Carolina, @ UCF, USF & Memphis before heading to Clearwater for the conference tournament.
      Hmmm, March in Tucson...I might have to make a little trip over if they are allowing fans. I could double up and see Padres spring training.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Hmmm, March in Tucson...I might have to make a little trip over if they are allowing fans. I could double up and see Padres spring training.
        Yeah I wish I still lived in Phoenix.

Comment

Ms Atl and I will in Fl the week of the games in DeLand. If they allow fans we might try and go. How do we check to see if Dan's are allowed?

Comment

Comment

Taylor Eldridge wrote a new Eagle article today that can’t be accessed free at www.kansas.com.

“A Good Problem to Have Deeper Wichita State Baseball Team Raising Expectations”

Comment

Anyone do the Virtual Fan Night. If so, anything said that was interesting or motivating?

Comment

JJ did and he told me he would go to war with EW. Must have been an inspiring production by the Baseball staff. JJ believes that there isn't a young man alive (or his parents as well) that would not want to be coached by this staff. Also thinks the "rebuilding" is well under way and ahead of schedule. So are we talking Omaha this year? It's nice to at least think about such lofty goals after the previous coaching staff. Go Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    JJ did and he told me he would go to war with EW. Must have been an inspiring production by the Baseball staff. JJ believes that there isn't a young man alive (or his parents as well) that would not want to be coached by this staff. Also thinks the "rebuilding" is well under way and ahead of schedule. So are we talking Omaha this year? It's nice to at least think about such lofty goals after the previous coaching staff. Go Shocks.
                    JJ did what? Who is JJ?

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post

JJ did what? Who is JJ?
                      Pretty sure JJ = JJ Clamdip and he means JJ Clamdip watched the virtual fan day.

FWIW, trips to Omaha are much more difficult today than 30 years ago. So much talent in the SEC alone. That being said, I believe we're a tournament team this season, if not a strong tournament team (healthy full staff assumption). Assuming a normal tournament....16 hosts, I don't think we're there yet. But you never know.

These guys DO make you want to run through walls. No doubt about it.

Comment

I saw somewhere on this board that ESPN+ games were a possibility this year. Any truth to that?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                          I saw somewhere on this board that ESPN+ games were a possibility this year. Any truth to that?
                          ESPN+ only have games thru February. No games are showing up at this time. Don't know if that is the final word on that or not.

When the AAC signed a contract with ESPN, this is what they said. Hopefully this means a lot of their games will show up

Football and men’s basketball will remain on ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU, but the majority of basketball games and about half of the football games will go to ESPN+. Other live sports including baseball, softball and soccer also will air on ESPN+.

In 2020, WSU games were on Cox Yurview (2022)

In 2019, WSU games were on Cox Yurview (2022), fox midwest and ESPN+

Comment

Yikes!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              Yikes!

OMG! Thank you Mr. Helmet.

Comment

Northern Colorado Series Cancelled

Wichita State baseball's season-opening series against the Northern Colorado Bears originally scheduled for next weekend, Feb. 19-21, has been canceled due to forecasted snow totals and freezing temperatures through Thursday in the Wichita area.

Comment

Working...
                                X