Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Baseball Season - AAC Approved

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2021 Baseball Season - AAC Approved

    Kendal Rogers tweeted that the AAC has approved the following for 2021 Baseball

    1. 56 games
    2. 32 conference games (up from 24)
    3. 4-game series (still three total days doubleheader on Sat.)
    4. Will try to utilize #MLB extra-inning rules
    5. No midweeks after conf begins.
    Last edited by SB Shock; 3 weeks ago.

  • #2
    No mid week games will be odd but, ok for this year.

    Should have Houston, ECU, Memphis and UCF at home and @Houston @Cincinnati @Tulane & @USF not in that order I’m sure.

    Pretty sure B1G is conference only so that takes out contract with Nebraska, hopefully just pushed forward and not canceled all together. That will be tough to replace but I have supreme confidence in Coach Hibbs to get someone decent to fill their spot on the schedule. Would be nice to go somewhere warm!

    Comment


    • #3
      Are the games on tv?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
        Are the games on tv?
        Last year there were a lot of games on Cox. It wouldn't suprise me if there are games on ESPN+. But until they release the schedule, it hard to answer that otherwise.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          No mid week games will be odd but, ok for this year.

          Should have Houston, ECU, Memphis and UCF at home and @Houston @Cincinnati @Tulane & @USF not in that order I’m sure.

          Pretty sure B1G is conference only so that takes out contract with Nebraska, hopefully just pushed forward and not canceled all together. That will be tough to replace but I have supreme confidence in Coach Hibbs to get someone decent to fill their spot on the schedule. Would be nice to go somewhere warm!
          San Diego State and USD both have good programs. Perhaps they can swing a trip out here to SD. I know I would love that.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

            San Diego State and USD both have good programs. Perhaps they can swing a trip out here to SD. I know I would love that.
            California college teams are not allowed to travel to Kansas because Kansas is discriminatory .

            Assembly Bill No. 1887 is a California law enacted last year that prohibits most forms of state-funded travel to places with legislation deemed discriminatory, particularly against gay, bisexual or transgender people. Eight states are on the banned list.

            Kansas is one of them.

            https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...312-story.html

            WSU would not likely choose to travel to CA due to their covid restrictions, unless I guess if California would give them a waiver.

            1. Persons arriving in California from other states or countries, including returning California residents, should practice self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival. These persons should limit their interactions to their immediate household. This recommendation does not apply to individuals who cross state or country borders for essential travel.

            Comment


            • #7
              My guess would be that Texas would have a lot of possible games that aren't far against good opponents. Also, Louisiana, Alabama. and Florida.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

                California college teams are not allowed to travel to Kansas because Kansas is discriminatory .




                https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...312-story.html

                WSU would not likely choose to travel to CA due to their covid restrictions, unless I guess if California would give them a waiver.
                I say we should opt for a bill in Kansas that prohibits teams from visiting sanctuary type states.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Conference road trips are going to be a challenge with Memphis being the closest.
                  An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

                  "While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

                  Stop the talk about bringing back Shocker football and concentrate on bringing back Shocker baseball!

                  MSGBA!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                    Conference road trips are going to be a challenge with Memphis being the closest.
                    Its definitely a challenge we want because its a top shelf league.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post

                      Its definitely a challenge we want because its a top shelf league.
                      Assume they fly commercial?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        A equal challenge for everyone on the road.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          When does practice begin?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Friday

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Coach K View Post
                              Friday
                              For everyone or are catcher and pitchers first?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X