• Time
  • Show
Clear All

First team practice tomorrow
    pitchers have been throwing for awhile

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post

Assume they fly commercial?
      When they fly, yes. They will bus more in the foreseeable future I'm sure due to budget constraints.

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
        Conference road trips are going to be a challenge with Memphis being the closest.
        I'm guessing we'll drive to Houston, drive to Tulane, drive to Cincinnati and fly to USF.

Next season will be (assuming the same drill) drive to Houston, drive to Memphis, fly to ECU and UCF.

There's going to have to be talk about limiting travel, regardless of Covid, nationwide. Redrawing schedules so that, for instance, you could back to back UCF USF just have to be on the table. Things will have to change, one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I'm guessing we'll drive to Houston, drive to Tulane, drive to Cincinnati and fly to USF.

Next season will be (assuming the same drill) drive to Houston, drive to Memphis, fly to ECU and UCF.

There's going to have to be talk about limiting travel, regardless of Covid, nationwide. Redrawing schedules so that, for instance, you could back to back UCF USF just have to be on the table. Things will have to change, one way or the other.
          Similar to Valley Travel partners for VB?

Comment

Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post

Its definitely a challenge we want because its a top shelf league.
            I really meant a challenge for fans to drive to the away games.

It was a lot of fun back in the 90’s to travel to road series all over the Valley and watch the Shox, now 25/30 years later not so much.

The old road warrior bunch are in their late 60’s, 70’s and some in their 80’s.

An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post

I really meant a challenge for fans to drive to the away games.

It was a lot of fun back in the 90’s to travel to road series all over the Valley and watch the Shox, now 25/30 years later not so much.

The old road warrior bunch are in their late 60’s, 70’s and some in their 80’s.
              If you and RDR would just open up your pocketbooks, you all could buy a private jet and we could fly to road games.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

If you and RDR would just open up your pocketbooks, you all could buy a private jet and we could fly to road games.
                I would waive my fee for PIC (Pilot in Command) But I warn you I have only flown jets with a tailhook.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

I would waive my fee for PIC (Pilot in Command) But I warn you I have only flown jets with a tailhook.

At your age and diminished capabilities I think I would rather walk.

An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

So when do they plan on releasing the schedule? Aren’t we a few weeks out now?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Check

Comment

Feb. 1 at the Virtual Fan Day
                        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Suppose to be out on Wednesday.

Comment

It is.

Highlight is an 11 days stretch in mid March with 4 games at current #11 Arizona in Tucson and then 2 vs FIU and 2 vs Stetson in Deland, Fl the next weekend.

That 11 day stretch should be a decent measuring stick.

AAC schedule ends mid week games and goes @ Houston, Houston, @ Tulane, @ Cincinnati, East Carolina, @ UCF, USF & Memphis before heading to Clearwater for the conference tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              It is.

Highlight is an 11 days stretch in mid March with 4 games at current #11 Arizona in Tucson and then 2 vs FIU and 2 vs Stetson in Deland, Fl the next weekend.

That 11 day stretch should be a decent measuring stick.

AAC schedule ends mid week games and goes @ Houston, Houston, @ Tulane, @ Cincinnati, East Carolina, @ UCF, USF & Memphis before heading to Clearwater for the conference tournament.
                              The "history" links on this page are annoying as hell. Why would you only include history since 2007? WSU is 4-2 against Arizona all-time, for instance, and 54-40 against KSU. If it's not a complete history, they should hide that crap.
                              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Sucks we lose the midweek foes of KU, KSU, Oklahoma State, etc.

Better than nothing though.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X